Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I dont want to pay the extra $ each month to my wireless provider for ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Accessing Exchange 2010 (calendar AND email) via BIS

Advertisement

I dont want to pay the extra $ each month to my wireless provider for a BES plan on my BB. However, I MUST have access to my work calendar and emails. My company supports OWA, but will that sync my emails and calendar? Is there a better way of doing this?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yes, you should be able to set up your work e-mail through BIS using the OWA settings.

Will that pull emails and calendar entries?

No, only e-mail. Are you currently syncing any other calendars with this device?

The BIS account will push the e-mail. If you're not syncing another calendar to the device, you can sync your work calendar and address book using the Desktop Manager.

So in order to sync the calendar I need to manually connect the BB to the machine each time?

Yes. And the default services on your device would need to be set to that work e-mail address.

How do I determine which account is default if I have more than one on the device?

Options>Advanced Options>Default Services.

Thanks I will look into this tomorrow

There's a thread in the Technical Support Blog link in my signature on how to add e-mail accounts through BIS......there are instructions in there for OWA. Please post back if you have questions/issues.

Ok everything went well adding the email via OWA. However, I do have two questions. First, there seems to be approximately a 15 (or greater) minute delay before I receive the emails on my BB. When I used BES I would sometimes actually get the email on my BB before it arrived on my desktop. Second, how to I configure it so that if a message is read on my desktop it shows read on my BB? As of now I need to manually go in and mark all emails as read on the device.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    If you are not on BES, your email will not get to you immediately. There is a timed delay of anywhere from a minute to 15 or so, depending on how long it's been since the last Push, and there is no way sync read status with BIS. That's one of the huge benefits of BES.

^^^ What Moto said, however....I have my work e-mail set up this way. I'll have to test this as far as marking as 'read' on the device after reading on the desktop, but I know for fact that when I read an e-mail on my device, it is marked as read on the desktop.
    Last edited by RogerG; 11-24-2009 at 08:20 AM.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Thanks for the heads up Roger, I've never used the OWA email settings for a corpoarate email address on BIS, I assumed they were the same as setting up a regular BIS account with just email address and password. I'll have to check it out for a couple of my users now that we have upgraded Exchange.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast