Hello, thank you op for this great forum. I just got my Pearl and was ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

chungdim no está en línea Stack level 1

abc@email.com by mail.com with T-mobile workable?

Advertisement

Hello, thank you op for this great forum. I just got my Pearl and was adding all my email account onto my BIS. I was able to add both my Yahoo free accounts and Gmail account with success. However, I have trouble adding my "name @ email dot com" account. I normally retrieve email by visiting "www . email . com" Please help, this one of those account that is very important account to me. I called CS from Tmobile, they ask if this is a pop account. My understanding is that I can gain pop access if I pay monthly fee. Can I avoid that like I did with yahoo and Gmail?

Thanks in advance.

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

Re: abc@email.com by mail.com with T-mobile workable?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I am not familiar with this e-mail provider, but you may possibly be able to have your messages forwarded to one of your other e-mail accounts, such as the Yahoo!, that you have already sucessfully set up with your BB. I would log in to the account in question on your PC, and go into options or something similar and see if the e-mail account is able to be forwarded. That would be the first thing to try. If you can't do that, you may be able to set up the account with Outlook or a similar type program and then use that to have your messages pushed to your BB. Other than that or paying for the upgraded service you mentioned(which is common with a lot of free e-mail providers), and although not as convenient, you can always check the e-mail manually via the browser. Some e-mail providers provide SMS alerts that you can set up to have a text message sent to your cell #, so you know when you get a new message, but you would have to look into that. Give these a shot, and if you still can't get something working, and no one else posts any other ideas, feel free to pin me and I will try to look into some more options and help you out. Hope this helps. Good luck!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi chung, welcome to pinstack. It is a possibility that you can obtain the server information and set the account up manually. Let us know if you need any further help.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ thank you for all your advice. I am trying to find the mail sever for mail dot com . Tmobile setup email website ask for that.