I know this is probably considered blasphemy in our BB world, but... Do you know ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

ixtab no está en línea Stack level 3

3rd party email client over TCP?

Advertisement

I know this is probably considered blasphemy in our BB world, but...

Do you know if there is any 3rd party email client (POP or IMAP based) that runs on the Blackberry?

Here's why I might need it. When I travel (without my blackberry plan roaming) I only get GPRS connection, so BIS/BES type of applications don't work.
    If there is/was a 3rd party email application that is to use the TCP APN then I'll be ok while traveling.

Any idea?

Thanks,
    Ix

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: 3rd party email client over TCP?

Not that I know of. I really think you are going to have to have International data Roaming and be on a Roaming partner that supports blackberry devices. That's the way the Blackberry BIS/BES system is designed. You might be able to use the blackberry Gmail mobile application and forward your email to a gmail account set up for this purpose. But I really recommend signing up for international data roaming. I would be very careful when trying to use data connections on a foreign carrier without an International data roaming plan. The additional data charges can add up fast.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles