My Blackberry is running on my Firm's exchange server to receive Firm email. Can I ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

martygreene no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400AA888

2 Email Accounts...

Advertisement

My Blackberry is running on my Firm's exchange server to receive Firm email. Can I also set up an email client to receive my personal POP3 account and run them simultaneously???

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: 2 Email Accounts...

YES. But you'll have to leave the Message sevices set to 'Desktop' for trouble-free email sync. Also, when you click 'Compose' you will have to scroll up a few lines and select either 'Desktop' to send from your work email address or select 'Webmail' to send from your default pop3 personal email.

One good thing is that the Blackberry will auto select the correct email to reply to emails with; which is pretty much expected anyway.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

yup.. dual send accounts here 2.

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

I'm not running BES just exchange and BIS but I have 4 accounts coming into the BB.

mbierman no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: 2 Email Accounts...

Hi I too am a new Blackberry user. I have an Enterprise account; everything's working well. I also set up personal POP account, it works fine.

Here's the thing. There are now two icons on the Ribbon: "Messages" and my POP address. I expected the email for each to be found only under that one but instead my Personal pop account is also showing up under Messages.

Any way to change that?

Thanks!
    ------
    Michael

mbierman no está en línea Stack level 1

Additional information: messages from my personal account appear in both Messages and under my own account.

Also, I have set up filters so that only mail addressed to one particular account should be downloaded, but email addressed to other addresses (that has been forarded to the same account through another mechanism, unrelated to the BB) is also showing up. Is there a good tutorial on filtering someone can recommend?
    ------
    Michael

oxide-tones no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2058FAF3

I have just set BIS up after calling the provider, so now I have BIS and BES. Good thing on the 8707v is that I dont have to choose the send from address:

On my start page I have two mail icons (one an envelope with a globe, one without). When opening the first (without a globe) I see all mails (BES and BIS), and if I respond from here my mail gets sent from my desktop account (BES), although I can choose to change the address. If I use the other icon (with globe) then I only see my private mail and replying goes straight from the correct account (BIS).

BB rocks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

To understand what the two or more Icons mean and how they work, check the link in my sig below.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles