Hi I've searched long and hard to find the answer to this but most of ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

rigaud no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2053CC70

1 hosted BES 1 outlook 2 emails

Advertisement

Hi

I've searched long and hard to find the answer to this but most of the threads are about BES i.t. policy re running BIS (no BIS no 3rd party apps etc). I know you can run BES and BIS on 1 bb and am doing.

I have hosted BES with ExchangeMyMail which works great with mail forwarded from my hosting company. Outlook 2007 always synced with bb 8100. I have set up a new domain with same hosting company and want to send and receive from bb and outlook with sent items showing on both.

Can I turn on wireless sync with BES account, turn off wireless sync with BIS account and then just sync with desktop manager for the BIS account? I have no problems with only one set of contacts, calendar, tasks etc as we work for ourselves so no corporate/personal issues. Also have no problems with 2 mail/message icons

All I want to do is receive emails on bb and pc - i can sort out which address they have been sent to
    Be able to reply from either bb or outlook with either email account
    Have sent items sync at some point

If this is wrong forum I'm sorry and if it has been covered somewhere, could someone post link or search criteria?

thanks

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 1 hosted BES 1 outlook 2 emails

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but this may answer your question.

You can only have one BES account associated with one BlackBerry. You can't have two BES accounts on one BlackBerry, and you can't have two BlackBerries on one BES account. Your email is reconciled with a BES account, and you also have wireless sync of the Address Book, Notes, Tasks, and Calendar associated with that account.

You can have email from up to 10 POP or IMAP accounts pushed to your BlackBerry. Although you can delete emails on both the BlackBerry and email's Inbox from the BlackBerry, and messages marked Read on both the BlackBerry and Inbox in some implementations of BIS 2.3, there is no reconciliation or synchronization of email with BIS, and you can't sync any of the other PIM's using just BIS.

None of this requires connecting the BlackBerry to a computer, or an Email client. The only time an Email client comes into play is if you do NOT have a BES account and want to synchronize the other PIM's with your BlackBerry.
    JerryD

PIN/ID
    2053CC70

thanks jdellasala

the main thing I want is sent emails from bb showing in outlook on the pop3 account - which i can do by setting up bcc to the same address and then using a filter to stop them being sent back to the bb (is that correct? I know there are threads about this on here) but is there any way of having sent emails from outlook (using the pop account) showing up on the bb? The primary email works fine with the hosted bes and outlook

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    It sounds like you are trying to reinvent what the blackberry already does.

PIN/ID
    2053CC70

Maybe I've got this all wrong - are you saying I can have 1 email with BES that stays synced with outlook/exchange and another email on BIS which stays synced with the same outlook?