On my Asus Eee PC Netbook, I tried MeeGo and then ended up doing the ... Linux OS forum

What's the Best Linux Distro?

Advertisement

On my Asus Eee PC Netbook, I tried MeeGo and then ended up doing the full install of Ubuntu. I like Ubuntu a little more than MeeGo, but was wondering what consensus is as to what the best distro is for netbooks?What does everyone else use and what do you recommend?

peteh32 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I like Archlinux ... mind you it's a chore installing everything you want but pacman and yourt do a great job ...

Havoc65 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Linux is basically a user preference, it depends on if you like KDE or Gnome, in my case i liked KDE so i went with Opensuse but if you like Gnome then Ubuntu is probably the better flavor of linux

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    If you like the Gnome desktop and dislike the Unity desktop, Linux Mint is nice. It is pretty much what Ubuntu used to be before they changed to the Unity desktop.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

Havoc65 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    If you like the Gnome desktop and dislike the Unity desktop, Linux Mint is nice. It is pretty much what Ubuntu used to be before they changed to the Unity desktop.
    ahh yes Mint is a really nice distro i actually like it better than Ubuntu