As we all know, there have been quite a few new Linux distros released recently. ... Linux OS forum

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more

What new Linux distros are you trying?

Advertisement

As we all know, there have been quite a few new Linux distros released recently.

Which ones have you tried, and which ones do you like?

I tried Ubuntu 11.04, but I do not like the Unity desktop. It would be good for a netbook or tablet, but I prefer Ubuntu Classic, with the Gnome desktop for a desktop/laptop.

I am also running OpenSUSE 11.4. It runs great on an old laptop that only has 512 MB RAM and a 60 GB HD. I have the KDE desktop.

I just installed Fedora 15 last night, and I will see how I like it.

Hi Laura, a month has passed and I finally noticed that you posted here! I have Ubuntu on my netbook and have tried MeeGo. Ubuntu (don't know the release # off the top of my head) works so well on my little netbook (Asus eeeeepc) that I haven't ventured beyond yet. I have it set up dual-boot (Windows 7, Ubuntu) because I need Winders to do BlackBerry backups, but most of my time is on the Linux side. It is literally 3 times faster than windows.

PIN/ID
    no more
    Hi Mark,

I ended up hating the new Gnome desktop on the latest Fedora 15. That lasted only 2 days.

I am now running openSUSE 11.4 and Windows 7 Professional on one machine and openSUSE 11.4 on the other.

I have both the Gnome and KDE desktops, but I like KDE better.

I have Office 2010 Professional, so I use Windows for Word, Excel, PowerPoint rather than LibreOffice in Linux. However, if I do not need Windows, Linux is much faster.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

PIN/ID
    no more
    I just decided to try Linux Mint 11 also. Now I'm triple booting Linux MInt 11, openSUSE 11.4, and Windows 7 Professional.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

Havoc65 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I just decided to try Linux Mint 11 also. Now I'm triple booting Linux MInt 11, openSUSE 11.4, and Windows 7 Professional.
    i might just have to try out linux mint 11, i think the last version i tryed was 7 lol but i am a openSUSE 11.4 fan good to see another one out there

PIN/ID
    no more
    I'm running the 64-bit version. It is really fast.

Havoc65 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I'm running the 64-bit version. It is really fast.
    i run the 64-bit as well but i need a little more ram and a better video card but it is still pretty snappy with just 2 gigs of ram and an x700 video card

PIN/ID
    no more
    I have 4GB RAM.