I'm currently on Ubuntu Linux and was wondering if there was a Linux App that ... Linux OS forum

krees23 no está en línea Stack level 2

video conversion program for Linux

Advertisement

I'm currently on Ubuntu Linux and was wondering if there was a Linux App that would convert video to Blackberry compatable format.

I've tried a couple of Windows based conversion programs running in Wine emulation, but was not successful - lots of OLE related errors.

Thanks in advance

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3
    I believe your best bet will be Handbrake or a KDE app called kopy? or something like that, just search in lifehacker.com for best DVD ripping apps, a lot of people use Linux and Ubuntu specifically on that site, good luck!

krees23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    There's a command line tool, I think it's called mmpeg. It's kinda hard to use though. But I know there are some gui video convertors that use it as a backend. Check on ubuntuforums.org or linuxappfinder.com
    Feel free to pm if you have any trouble.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

poormuffin no está en línea Stack level 1

mencoder

Mencoder works perfect for my 8100 didnt look into the file formats of other phones.

mencoder -vf scale=<WIDTH>:<HEIGHT> <INPUT FILE> -o <OUTPUT FILE> -of avi -ovc lavc -oac mp3lame -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=230:acodec=mp3:abitrate=64

for example for 8100

mencoder -vf scale=240:180 something.mpg -o something_bb.avi -of avi -ovc lavc -oac mp3lame -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=230:acodec=mp3:abitrate=64

If you are using konqueror you can put the attached file (without the .txt at the end) into <HOME>/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus and edit the file for just the width and height. You should then be able to convert the files in konqueror by right clicking and selecting actions -> Encode for Blackberry. It will spit out an avi file there is NO indicator when its done so make sure that when you view the properties that there is a time other then 00:00:00 before you transfer to BB.
    Attached Files Attached Files

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I Have been running the old 6.0 ubuntu for a long time, but recentley got tired of windows again, so booted back into it and ran the 8.04 update, and have been using that nonstop since I installed it. I have gotten almost everything working and up to snuff

I came across, k9copy wich is a gui that will convert DVD to Mpeg4.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>