As I write this, I'm using Qemu to install Windows XP on my Xubuntu laptop ... Linux OS forum

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

Possible Linux Solution

Advertisement

As I write this, I'm using Qemu to install Windows XP on my Xubuntu laptop - the programme will also allow me to run Windows from within Xubuntu, without the need for a separate Windows partition. After I finish the install, I will be installing the BB DM. If it all works, then we Linux users won't have any issues

Edit to update: I can't get the installer for the DM to complete, although Windows XP itself boots and I can exectute Windows programmes. It looks like the same thing that keeps the DM from installing under Wine prevents it from installing when Windows XP is being run on a virtual machine. I will try again after I install SP2.
    Last edited by docholliday; 12-26-2006 at 12:08 AM.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Thanks. Looking forward to next update!

Also see:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html

KChuck no está en línea Stack level 2
    For your reference, howto in ubuntu forum:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=190938

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6
    1. Even with SP2 installed, I couldn't complete the install of the desktop manager in Windows under QEMU. I have no clue why

2. I'm less interested in syncing my Blackberry than I am in media transfer and OS upgrades. Besides, I'm tryng to get around the need for a Windows partition/external Windows box.

*&)#e no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32BF36DD

Re: Possible Linux Solution

i know that the desktop manager has more features, but the barry project offers sync backup and charging. this is also an easier method on the install side because you eliminate factors.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=153722

I am currently running Fedora and i am able to backup my 8830, along with sync between evolution and google cal. It took a little while to set up but that was morly because i'm new to linux. (only been running for a few months now)

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Possible Linux Solution

When last I installed XP within Kubuntu (using QEMU, of course) I was very disappointed in the USB port access. It was so painfully slow as to be completely useless. Since that was several months ago, I have no clue if QEMU is still in its infancy or has evolved to allow USB. That could be why your desktop mgr didn't install, if USB is the issue.
    ...Yogich