I got GPRS working between the Pearl and the Nokia 770 (a Linux internet tablet). ... Linux OS forum

jahf no está en línea Stack level 2

Pearl working as a GPRS modem under Linux

Advertisement

I got GPRS working between the Pearl and the Nokia 770 (a Linux internet tablet). It wasn't all it was cracked up to be but at least it did work.

I posted the details on another forum, rather than double/triple posting, I'll just give the URL for the informational post: http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3133&page=2#post46698

I have this thread and that thread subscribed, so feel free to post in either place.

PS. I'm not affiliated with either forum, I'm not trying to drum up traffic for one or the other, I just don't want to post it in multiple places.

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Re: Pearl working as a GPRS modem under Linux

Nice work, this is the first I've heard of tethering with linux
    great job

jahf no está en línea Stack level 2

I won't claim that The first word I saw came a couple days ago here (linked from my post on the other forum) my main accomplishment was working out the instructions in more detail and for a specific device. Hopefully the instructions are generic enough for others to play with it and see if they can optimize it to where its actually useful.

realcomix no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~heh that's great I was about to give up on my 8100 because it would not teather with my n800 .... But the new update got it working... I never would have thought to see someone from that site here

dvs1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by realcomix
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~heh that's great I was about to give up on my 8100 because it would not teather with my n800 .... But the new update got it working... I never would have thought to see someone from that site here
    I just got my n800 today. Father's Day gifts are great when they're not ties. LOL!

In any case, I'm having problems tethering with my 8100. I'm on Cingular, and have tried all the settings I could find. I've also updated the n800 to the latest build.

Any ideas? Also, depending on the settings I use, I get the following error:

supplementary service error: unexpected data value

I've already rebooted the phone many times. Any help is greatly appreciated!