I don't know if everyone has already heard of this, or if anyone cares, but ... Linux OS forum

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

Linux Users Can Sync their Berries!

Advertisement

I don't know if everyone has already heard of this, or if anyone cares, but I do so I thought I'd share...

There was once a little open-source project called Barry (sync for Linux users), and like most of these, I shrugged it off that it will fizzle out because their was no corporate sponsoring...

BUT NOW! (no, this did not JUST happen, I JUST found out)

http://www.netdirect.ca/software/packages/barry/

barry - BlackBerry ™ synchronization for Linux

Home > Software > > barry - BlackBerry ™ synchronization for Linux
    Overview
    Linux users who also use a BlackBerry ™ now have an option for managing their BlackBerry directly from Linux.

Barry is an Open Source application that will allow synchronization, backup, restore and program management for BlackBerry ™ devices. Barry is primarily developed on Linux, but is intended as a cross platform library and application set, targetting Linux, BSD, 32/64bit, and big/little endian systems. You can find the source code at the Sourceforge project page

Getting Started
    Barry comes in source and binary package format. You can find the latest downloads here.

Before you start, you should check whether your system meets the following requirements:

A kernel with:
    the berry_charge module disabled
    CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND disabled
    If you are running a Fedora system, make sure you have the ConsoleKit package installed. This will allow you to access the Blackberry without root privileges.
    See the requirements document for more details on the reasons behind the above requirements.

See the installation page for instructions on installing Barry from source.

I think it's just great that soon all OS's out there will support BB sync on some level. I know most of you guys use Windows XP or Vista, but as a Mac/Linux user, this is great news that this project is moving forward...

-ajmctaggart

cypher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    876-5309

Re: Linux Users Can Sync their Berries!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ great find! I was just pondering about this last night. Just got done downloading fedora 7. Can't wait to install it.