I have a few questions: 1: I installed wine and then I attempted to install ... Linux OS forum

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3

Completely removeing software?

I have a few questions:

1: I installed wine and then I attempted to install virtual pc 2007, virtual pc will not run so what I want to do is uninstall wine and remove virtual pc 2007 which I thought I did but both wine and virtual pc still appear in my applications menu so I was wondering where else besides /home/zac/.wine and /home/zac/.wine/drive_c/programs do I need to be deleting?

2: What is the best virtualization software for Linux? I need to run MS office and MS Outlook

3: I read on the wine home page under their app db that the BB desktop software will work under wine now so does that allow for charging? And if so what are the steps to go through to install it properly so that I dont end up leaving folders and files all over my system like I'v done with virtual pc?

Thanks for any help!

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Completely removeing software?

Unfortunatly VirtualPC does not utilize the USB ports through their virtualization software. VMWare does allow you to have two ports. I have not tried VMWare with my BB8830. Still working out configuration issues with this junk NVidia 7400 GPU... As for the other question, I'm not sure what else you will have to delete. VMWare is not cheap, but you do get a trial. If you setup a virtual machine while under the trial and make sure it's configured correctly, you can get the VMPlayer for free and continue to use the virtual machine after VMWare expires.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    Ask Me!

Re: Completely removeing software?

Why the need to run MS office? OpenOffice reads and can save all MS formats perfectly.

As for charging the BB, the Barry utility available on SourceForge supports USB charging.
    ~via BB (