hey guys.. just a quick note.. i noticed that the newest kernel (2.6.21.5) now has ... Linux OS forum

slackware no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240162ec

charging under linux.

Advertisement

hey guys.. just a quick note.. i noticed that the newest kernel (2.6.21.5) now has berry_charge built in under USB devices.. so now the device will charge without the barry package

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

Re: charging under linux.

wow thats cool, thanks, i wish i knew enough about computers to be able to get windows off of my laptop and run a cool linux os on here... i dont know much about that stuff but for some reason ive always been prejudiced against microsoft products, i think its the fact that they have the nerve to charge 200 bucks for a word processor and then call it the "student" version-- like college students have 200 dollars to spend on stuff like that... it makes me pretty mad

sorry, needed to rant a little...

oh and by the way if anyone need a microsoft compatible- office suite (including excel and powerpoint)-- openoffice.org is an amazing discovery that ive recently made... it helps me sleep at night

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: charging under linux.

I run Ubuntu 7.04 on a computer at work.

I will give that a try Monday or tuesday morning

and I am an openoffice user for two years now. I use it on both my Xp laptop and PC, and it comes with Ubuntu.

Microsoft better start looking over their shoulder