After a couple of weeks on Ubuntu Linux, I think I'm opting to go back ... Linux OS forum

Back to Windows!

Advertisement

After a couple of weeks on Ubuntu Linux, I think I'm opting to go back to Win 7

Windows is definately slower and "muddier" but most things I want and need to do on a PC are on Windows only. For example, BlackBerry DM - I will be unable to do OS upgrades etc (and with 6.0 for the 9700 Bold around the corner, that's important). I tried Barry (where you can do backups and syncs) and I tried to install DM on Wine, but I don't have the time or patience to learn the ins-and-outs of Terminal etc.

But Win7 Starter on my Eee PC is very good, so no worries.

I'm gonna leave Ubuntu on the Desktop computer though.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    LOL....I also made the switch. Native applications run on windows made me jump back into the ship hehehe.

BTW:

here's a pic of my beast ATM.

What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I went back as well

RoboticGolem no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ab431b
    I keep my desktop running ubuntu, but I keep my old laptop around just for the DM and that's about it, I've even unstalled ubuntu on it for when I'm in the field.

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'll probably be doing similar when I get around to switching to Linux: Kubuntu on my desktop & whatever Windows that comes with a future netbook purchase (likely 7) for anything that would be too much work doing in Linux.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm in the minority here when I say I'm never going back to Windows (@home). While @work I'm forced to and it's painful ALL DAY LONG!

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I'm in the minority here when I say I'm never going back to Windows (@home). While @work I'm forced to and it's painful ALL DAY LONG!

On my netbook I may install ubuntu and do a dual-boot with Windows so I can enjoy Linux speed and simplicity and still use some of the Windows aps I need that I can't "Wine" onto linux . . . . .