I'm seriously considering getting an eeePC 900A (the one being sold in Best Buy and ... Linux OS forum

deafcyclist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243F42A5

any success on tethering to an eeePC?

Advertisement

I'm seriously considering getting an eeePC 900A (the one being sold in Best Buy and have the Linux Xandros on it).

So I'm wondering if anybody have managed to successfully tethered their BB to the eeePC? I'm hoping to be able to do this on my eeePC so I can truly have mobile internet. I may not be able to do any heavy browsing but it certanity could be useful for quickly showing something to a person what I'm talking about. Like I could use the eeePC to show engadget to a friend looking for some good tech blog. Could also be useful for other stuffs that can use some low speed internet like uploading some simple doc files and whatnot.

I'm not too experienced with linux (can't use the terminal that much yet) but I intend to remedy that once I get the eeePC. so I hopes that the tethering instructions aren't too complicated.

deafcyclist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243F42A5
    I've seen a few other threads talking about the same thing here and elsewhere and there was still no answer at all. Do the basic Linux tethering even works fine on an eeePC? Is there anything special that we have to do for the eeePC to get connected thru the Blackberry?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Here's a thread doing it with Ubuntu. You might be able to install Ubuntu on the eeePC - I installed it on my laptop - it's an easy OS to install but I'm not expert enough help you much with this.

Here's another thread on tethering. (See posts #7 and #9.)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

devluka no está en línea Stack level 1
    EEEPC skin covers changes the look and appearance of your device in just a seconds. Skins are easy to install and remove without leaving any sticky residue. Skins never get fade and are washable. I am very happy to make it in my life.

EEEPC skin covers