Is there a weather app that can follow your location? I travel quite a bit, ... BlackBerry GPS forum

TheJerk no está en línea Stack level 2

Weather app...can one do this?

Advertisement

Is there a weather app that can follow your location? I travel quite a bit, and it would be handy if the weather followed me without any real input. Plus I don't always "know" where I'm located (i.e. zip code or city) on the move.

If they can follow your position on a "map" (like google), then they ought to be able to have a weather app automatically update to your current location (and any warnings in that area)...is there anything like that?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The closest thing I can think of is maybe the where app. It uses GPS, do you have a GPS capable device? Where has widgets for many things, helping you find content based on your location. They do have weather widgets.

http://www.where.com/carriers/BBHH.php

check that out, maybe someone else has another idea
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    ...do you have a GPS capable device?
    Unfortunately, no I don't...8700c.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I was gonna tell you about weather bug, it updates according to your GPS fixed location...unfortunately it only uses GPS

Quote Originally Posted by rpol8052 View Post
    I was gonna tell you about weather bug, it updates according to your GPS fixed location...unfortunately it only uses GPS

I have weather bug (the bb version)...it works well if I intend to stay in one place for a couple days. Its really nice in the fact it uses locations that are typically close to my work area.

But if I'm driving to the jobsite (read: cross country)...its a little cumbersome.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Location tracking via GPS would be a nice enhancement to consider for our friends at Bellshare with their BerryWeather application.

FYI, BerryWeather allows you to enter up to 10 different locations, which you can quickly scroll through from your device. So if you know where you're headed, you can program in locations along the way and keep abreast of the weather situation throughout your trip.

Yeah, without GPS I'm probably out of luck...

silverdog no está en línea Stack level 2
    i have berry weather, and when i took a trip to talladega, it tracked me thru evey lil town i passed thru on the hiway

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Location tracking via GPS would be a nice enhancement to consider for our friends at Bellshare with their BerryWeather application.

FYI, BerryWeather allows you to enter up to 10 different locations, which you can quickly scroll through from your device. So if you know where you're headed, you can program in locations along the way and keep abreast of the weather situation throughout your trip.
    Correction ! Bellshare has location report wherever You áre (go to settings and just press your location) It adds to your locations and changes as You move.
    It does By GPS or By cell location detection.
    Cheers !

dtour77 no está en línea Stack level 2
    The Weather Channel has a great free app that can track your location. It uses gps enabled to determine your location. The app has hourr by hour forcast and you can add location. It has a built in map and also shows airport info. They recently updated the app, its very user friendly. Happy travels!!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    What delf said......

A later version of the BerryWeather application included an enhancement to follow your location via either GPS or cell location, so no GPS required!