I made a couple of posts previously singing the praises of Wayfinder 7, however, it ... BlackBerry GPS forum

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs down Wayfinder=Bad

Advertisement

I made a couple of posts previously singing the praises of Wayfinder 7, however, it seems I was a bit premature in my opinions. I purchased Wayfinder 7 which was advertised as $99 for life. The first version I installed was 7.0.13 which had a few bugs. I reported the problems to Wayfinder support and did not get a response for 2 weeks. The response I received was something very generic like "we will investigate the problems". I waited and waited and redownloaded several times to see if any of the bugs had been fixed. One day I discover a new version 7.0.26 and installed it. To my surprise one bug was actually fixed, however, now I had some new bugs. One bug in particular that really "bugged" me ,there was no U.S. English language version even though that was what I had selected before downloading. The best I could get was U.K. English language version. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the U.K. but I prefer to hear my own language while driving. Of couse I submitted a bug report on this and a few other bugs and also submitted a bug report concerning the "MyWayfinder" web site because I could not edit my personal profile. Again, 2-3 weeks later I get a generic response. I waited and waited and redownloaded several times to see if the problem would get fixed and after a month or so I resubmitted the same bug reports and asked in the report why nothing is getting fixed. Before I ever got a response all of a sudden there is a new major version, Wayfinder 8. I downloaded it and WOW, it worked and my bugs were gone on the application but the website bug was still there. I was very happy at that point. 2 weeks later the program stopped working because "my subscription ran out"...Say what?...I paid $99 for life. Well it seems that didn't apply to newer major versions, the price at this point was $89 a year. I was bit angry even though technically they could screw the customer if they wanted to. I sent "another" email about my concerns...waiting, waiting. I had to reinstall Wayfinder 7 in order to use my "lifetime" subscription. All the bugs were still there of course, nothing has been done to it, so I submitted another bug report and needless to say, nothing has been done. I went to the website yesterday and I see it's available as an "Introductory Offer" of $69 for the first year. I also received an email in the interim offering the new version to purchasers of Version 7 at an introductory offer of $89 for 3 years. Uh huh, yeah I'll buy that (NOT!). Chances are there will be a newer and better version after year 1 anyway and you won't be able to upgrade. I guess all of this comes down to a simple word of advice, DON'T BUY WAYFINDER....EVER!. I'm in love with AT&T Navigator now anyway, but I have thrown my $99 in the trash and the garbage collector (wayfinder) found it. And just one more note, it does not work with BB OS 4.5, it won't even start. Also good luck if you want to download the older version 7 as I believe they are throttling it in a effort to force people to version 8, but I could be wrong on that.
    Beware.

good1988 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have to say that all you went through sounded like a bait and switch scam...you should get your money back~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    They won't give a refund and they're in another country.

kemtek.1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Did you use a credit card to pay for it?
    If so, has it been recent enough to challenge the charges under the card's buyer protection plan? - you did notget what you paid for.