I didn't see this mentioned anywhere so I thought I would let y'all know that ... BlackBerry GPS forum

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3

Wayfinder 8

Advertisement

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere so I thought I would let y'all know that Wayfinder has a new version out. I have it installed and it's much better than Wayfinder 7 in my opinion. Wayfinder support is kind of like a turtle, slow as hell but eventually they do respond. You can maintain your favorites on the web with your pc and it sync's with your Blackberry favorites in Wayfinder. The new navigation interface is the biggest difference from the previous version. You can't beat the voice, it's smooth and clear and it doesn't sound like a string of words strung together to make a sentence. It's a one time fee of $99 for life. That would pay for itself after 10 months of no TeleNav (I do however have both so it's not a cut on TeleNav). They have a free trial so give it shot and see how it works for you.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Can you download maps all at once or only while navigating? I have TeleNav and am pretty happy, but a couple of times now I've been in a new area and lost my gps signal and was stuck! (Thank goodness I still carry an atlas around too) I'd feel a lot more comfortable if I could download a route to my SD card or something so that I still have directions even without a signal...

Jeebo no está en línea Stack level 1
    I spoke to one of the sales people at Wayfinder and apperantly you can preinstall maps somehow. Dunno if you can preinstall a route.

I noticed that after I installed version 8 it had created a directory on my memory card called "installedmaps", so I suppose that there's where they will go. I've sent a question to their support about it, but no answer yet.

But yeah, I agree with you. Version 8 is much better than version 7.

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, the option to download maps is available on the website but it doesn't work. I submitted a support request about it and they said they would look in to it but nothing has changed. Yes I can download the map but there is no option in the program itself to utilize them as described on the web site.