I have been using Google Maps with a "Verizon broken" 8830 GPS phone and just ... BlackBerry GPS forum

AngryPinFish no está en línea Stack level 1

VZW Goofing with Google Maps?

Advertisement

I have been using Google Maps with a "Verizon broken" 8830 GPS phone and just noticed that now two cell towers are reporting location fixes. The result is instead of an aprox. fix of 1700 meters it is now over 1 mile. Seems as though VZW will stop at nothing to demons trait contempt and ill-will for it's customers. The bright side is maybe Google could use the data intended to make it's calculations worthless to make them better. Could not an algorithm be used to better triangulate a fix off of two or more towers as opposed to one. I hope so and I hope the jack-*** at VZW who came up with this crap and everyone who signed off on it get canned.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: VZW Goofing with Google Maps?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Congratulations on only being one mile off. On my GPS-broken Verizon 8830 Google Maps shows me as five miles away from where I am. I haven't tried going to that actual location but knowing hoe poorly the locations track I wouldn't be surprised to find it showing me as five miles from there.

I wouldn't be so sarcastic if my 8830 didn't have GPS, but it does have GPS, the GPS works, and then it gets crippled in software.