Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Originally Posted by vidals ... I need help in finding a utility that will simply ... BlackBerry GPS forum

cbk.information no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Using Pearl with Blackberry Maps and GPS

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by vidals
    I need help in finding a utility that will simply display the latitude and longitude . I need this functionality when geocaching. In my old 7100i, I would simply go the "location based service" under "options" and I would see the latitude and longitude, but I don't think that is possible when using the pair GPS via bluetooth.
    I was looking for the same feature, and found that the Blackberry Maps application has an option to "Email Location" to another person. The email it creates contains coordinate information. e.g., [link to blackberry.com]?lat=40.72487&lon=-73.99000&z=1

ARCH no está en línea Stack level 1

I am new to Blackberry - just got an unlocked Pearl this week - an amazing device. I didn't know about Blackberry maps until after I bought it. I am a Rogers customer.

I recently reserved a car for two weeks in Europe and was pondering renting a GPS for navigating from the rental company. I am in Europe a couple of times each year and spend several weeks working and travelling.

I am thinking about buying a Bluetooth GPS - probably aHolux - and using the Pearl with either Blackberry maps or perhaps one of the proprietory map systems. I don't want to roam with Rogers (assuming that you can even do that for maps) and I have SIM cards for Germany and the UK.

What is the best and least expensive way to do this.

Thanks

jones_science no está en línea Stack level 2

Has anyone used the OnCourse Bluetooth GPS Receiver Edition 3 (WAAS enabled)? mwave has it for a good price right now and I have a bonus check burning my pocket.

I decided to go ahead and purchase the OnCourse Bluetooth GPS Receiver Edition 3. I'll report back here with comments.

The OnCourse GPS puck came in today. It works pretty well with Google Maps. Pairing was easy and it picks up my location at the kitchen table pretty quickly.

I was looking for maybe another GPS software that is free. I'm on ATT and the BB site said that BBMaps could not be used on ATT. Is anyone else using BBMaps on ATT right now? Or, do I need tonot bother and stick with Google Maps?

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jones_science
    The OnCourse GPS puck came in today. It works pretty well with Google Maps. Pairing was easy and it picks up my location at the kitchen table pretty quickly.

I was looking for maybe another GPS software that is free. I'm on ATT and the BB site said that BBMaps could not be used on ATT. Is anyone else using BBMaps on ATT right now? Or, do I need tonot bother and stick with Google Maps?
    You can install bbmaps but you can't ota...you have to get the alx file and install via DM. Att wants to get $10 every month for telenav instead. Another option is mapquest that is the one I use the most on my pearl.

milliam no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Using Blackberry Maps and GPS

For Christmas, I'm looking at getting my wife a BT GPS receiver for use with her Pearl. To keep costs low, we don't have a data plan. Can we still use the GPS feature on the Pearl with out the internet connection? I read about the BBmaps and how it downloads new maps each time you enter a new area. Do the other programs (google, etc.) do this too?

jjp29 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Using Blackberry Maps and GPS

I have a Blackberry Pearl 8100. Can the Holux 240 be used with the Pearl to chart where you travelled? I am a biker and want to chart my rides in both long/lat and elevation. Can I get the Holux to do all that?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345