Hey there. I am a brand newbie hello to all!! It looks like this will ... BlackBerry GPS forum

beasty666 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question UK based GPS program...Tom Tom?! and other progs...!?

Advertisement

Hey there.

I am a brand newbie hello to all!! It looks like this will be an exciting community to be a part of!

I had previously used a PDA with a bluetooth GPS unit with Tom Tom 6 installed. Now what can I use on my brand new 8300. Is there a Tom Tom program I can use!? If not what can I use instead? I cannot wait to try this bad boy out with some funky apps.

Anything else I should use too!?

jaythestar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: UK based GPS program...Tom Tom?! and other progs...!?

8300 does is not GPS enabled to my knowledge

jaythestar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Welcome to the Stacks beasty666! You have found the right place for everything you
    need for your BB
    Try this area of the forum also:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/downloads.html
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Specs no está en línea Stack level 5

I don't know if it's any help to you but I have the 8300 with Blackberry Maps on it. I also have an Ipaq 4700 which had TomTom software and a separate GPS receiver which communicated via Bluetooth.
    I decided to try to see whether they would talk to each other and the GPS will pair via Bluetooth with the Blackberry, then if I alter the settings in Blackberry Maps to source the GPS data from the receiver it all works fine!
    It places me on the map correctly and can work out directions perfectly well. It doesn't have the voice to give directions but they do display on screen.

beasty666 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Specs
    I don't know if it's any help to you but I have the 8300 with Blackberry Maps on it. I also have an Ipaq 4700 which had TomTom software and a separate GPS receiver which communicated via Bluetooth.
    I decided to try to see whether they would talk to each other and the GPS will pair via Bluetooth with the Blackberry, then if I alter the settings in Blackberry Maps to source the GPS data from the receiver it all works fine!
    It places me on the map correctly and can work out directions perfectly well. It doesn't have the voice to give directions but they do display on screen.
    Do i have to use blackberry maps via a dataservice tho? or is it all stored on a memory card?

Specs no está en línea Stack level 5

I think the maps service is on the data service - not used it a lot yet as I only just found out I could use mt Bluetooth GPS with it. I'm not entirely sure so don't shoot me down if I'm wrong!
    Try opening it up and look to see if there's any activity on the data send/recieve indicator.