I have VZW Pearl 8130 with PAID VZ Navigator service...I just signed up for today ... BlackBerry GPS forum

dj_chiro no está en línea Stack level 2

Tracking stops during call?

Advertisement

I have VZW Pearl 8130 with PAID VZ Navigator service...I just signed up for today to test it out before I can justify spending the $100 up front for a bluetooth keychain device.

I was testing out GPSed and VZ Navigator on my drive home from work and received a call. Well, it turns out my GPS lost track during the call and never recovered. THAT SUCKS. If GPS can't continue to track or at least RECOVER what good is it?

Also, the only way I was able to get GPSed to work is I have to put VZ nav in Follow Me Map then hit the call button and then switch to my home screen in order to keep my GPS active... Is that the way it's done? That sucks that you have to always have VZ nav running.

Questions:
    Does bluetooth GPS paired to a BB maintain the connection and continue to track during a call?

Do you still have to run VZ nav with a bluetooth GPS in order to run other GPS apps or can the apps access the GPS directly?

Also, I read that the crooks at VZW are sending some sort of service book that blocks external GPS devices from working. Is this true or just an isolated incident? If so then I'm done with VZW. How can they get away with this crap?

Thanks in advance.

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    "Also, I read that the crooks at VZW are sending some sort of service book that blocks external GPS devices from working. Is this true or just an isolated incident?"

---------

If that is true it would be extremely messed up (the nice way of putting it).

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dj_chiro no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by eazid View Post
    "Also, I read that the crooks at VZW are sending some sort of service book that blocks external GPS devices from working. Is this true or just an isolated incident?"

---------

If that is true it would be extremely messed up (the nice way of putting it).

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah I remember a while back I got a letter about a class action against motorola/VZW that was won because they were crippling the bluetooth on my phone. I was able to send in my phone and get a new one valued up to my original purchase price...It worked out cause I had the phone for almost 2yrs. If they are crippling the bluetooth as far as GPS then I swear I will take the hit to cancel the contract.

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3
    real gps apps should not stop during a phone call...