I currently have a 8100 and was thinking of picking up a 8800 from tmo. ... BlackBerry GPS forum

FroggyStyle no está en línea Stack level 3

Tmo 8800 gps ?

Advertisement

I currently have a 8100 and was thinking of picking up a 8800 from tmo. It was my understanding that the 8800 had built in GPS however after looking over the tmo web site I can find nothing saying the 8800 has GPS.

Is the GPS only available with certain carriers?

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

Re: Tmo 8800 gps ?

gps is available on all 8800

lilbukka1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DED170

I just received mine iys definatley on there and teleanav gives you a free 60 day trial which I"m having trouble downloading hope this helps ya.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

FroggyStyle no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~perfect that's what I wanted to hear. Thank you both.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

All devices with the same model number are identical. An 8800 is an 8800 (qed they all have built-in GPS). It's possible that a carrier has disabled a feature but so far, Verizon is the only carrier that has crippled its Blackberries.

demyxxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

is the gps free? like you can download googlemaps and you get it. or do u have to pay?

snguyen no está en línea Stack level 1

can someone help me where to to see GPS icon I just got my blackberry but I don't see GPS icon please help direction where to start, thanks

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

if you have an 8800 there should be an icon that indicates a trial by telenav.

if you are with tmo, your trial will be 60 days. the application can also be downloaded, prior to trial's end, on the tmo downloads section of your my tmobile account webpage. the fee is 9.99 per month after the initial trial.

good luck.

mcg2u2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ?????

you will love it

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by littleacorn
    if you have an 8800 there should be an icon that indicates a trial by telenav.

if you are with tmo, your trial will be 60 days. the application can also be downloaded, prior to trial's end, on the tmo downloads section of your my tmobile account webpage. the fee is 9.99 per month after the initial trial.

good luck.
    You can also use programs such as Google Maps or Blackberry Maps (both available at mobile.blackberry.com)

wu-wei no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    CHERS!

My 8800 came with BB Maps installed. Launch it, open the menu and you'll see a Start GPS command. The newest version of Google Maps uses the built-in GPS too. Telenav is a paid service after the trial, and is different because it offers audio commands ("Turn left ahead."). All of the current map programs use data services to download map info 'on-the-fly', so be prepared with the proper data plan or incur heavy data charges. HTH.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~