Can you go "buy" different voices for the navigation? I am getting sick of Sara, ... BlackBerry GPS forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Telenav/ATT Navigator Question

Advertisement

Can you go "buy" different voices for the navigation? I am getting sick of Sara, and Maria only speaks spanish! LOL!

This is the screen I get when I click

(with the application already open)

Share and More > Preferences > Navigation Audio > Click "Guide Tones".....

I get this picture....

I click "yes"...it searches and then brings me to this picture

No webpage or any info telling me if I can or where I can "buy" a new voice!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    You probably will have the ability to do in the future, but as of right now more than likely no. Sorry

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I got there once on accident when I was fishing around on site but didn't like any of the choices so didn't get one. Now for the life of me I can't find it again. I know I was on desktop browser not BB. Maybe they are updating options? Sorry that wasn't helpful but just wanted to say that you could do that at one point so I'm sure it will be available again.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

OK, this was really bothering me so I went fishing on the Telenav forums and came up with this from long ago:
    "Voice Personalities are specifically for TeleNav 3.8 and 3.9 on the Sprint CDMA phones. At this time (as of 14 Febuary [2007]), only the first voice personality -- Santa Claus -- functions correctly. We are working to improve the other voices, such as New York Cabbie and Confucious Says, to be usable on TeleNav (at this time they are selectable but may not function correctly on your phone. If you encounter any "TeleNav Not Available" errors when using the Fun Voices, switch back to standard "English"). You can change voice personalities by logging in to your account on the http://www.telenav.com/ website, then selecting "Preferences." "

Those were the voice options that I listened to samples of, so I must have accidentally found an old link or something??? Whatever I did, I can't duplicate it or find anything else about it, so I guess we are on hold for now.... but they really shouldn't tell us to go to website to purchase additional voices if they aren't going to have them available!!!
    Last edited by gritsinct; 04-30-2008 at 11:49 PM. Reason: add more info

guidetone no está en línea Stack level 1
    Guide Tones works on TeleNav version 5.5.

Try this link: ota.telenav.com/ota/sn

Click on RIM(Blackberry) and find your Blackberry device (use BB8830 for BB8800)

anthonyy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quick question, I saw TeleNav nominated as the best GPS navigation app by the Android Network. (this is their blog page where it is posted: http://blog.telenav.com/blog/2009/08...etwork-awards/). Should I get this service or is some other service like Google Maps available? Thanks for the help.

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    I love TeleNav.

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    Why pay for Telnav when you can use Amazegps for free. It has turn by turn, recalculates, uses yellowbook for it's search engine for businesses. Oh yeah. It's free also.
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I like the fact that AmazeGPS is free, but in all honesty, its UI is really cumbersome. If TeleNav wasn't 10 bucks/month I'd still be using that.
    Last edited by RogerG; 08-19-2009 at 11:20 AM.

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    There is another good FREE app for navigation. I recently downloaded from the BB App World. Its called "Gokivo Navigator." This Nav app is a good one. It reroutes fast, gets the routes quickly. The volume is not that loud, but other than that it works great... Nothing will compare to TelNav. I used to pay for it, but I have decided that I do not use it that often as my job is cutting back on us traveling to save money! Give it a try, well worth the download....
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

Quote Originally Posted by stnkyq2 View Post
    There is another good FREE app for navigation. I recently downloaded from the BB App World. Its called "Gokivo Navigator." This Nav app is a good one. It reroutes fast, gets the routes quickly. The volume is not that loud, but other than that it works great... Nothing will compare to TelNav. I used to pay for it, but I have decided that I do not use it that often as my job is cutting back on us traveling to save money! Give it a try, well worth the download....
    Thanks, I'll check it out!

Is Gokivo really free or is it just a free trial?