I have a T-Mobile 8800, and I want to know for sure (before i purchase ... BlackBerry GPS forum

enjoytheride no está en línea Stack level 2

Question QUESTION: What is by far the best GPS app to use?

Advertisement

I have a T-Mobile 8800, and I want to know for sure (before i purchase any software) what you guys think the best GPS software is. Thanks so much in advance!

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: QUESTION: What is by far the best GPS app to use on the 8800?

I guess it really depends on how you are lookign to use it. Are you looking for driving directions? Need the device to talk to you and auto reroute if you miss the turn?

BBMaps and GoogleMaps are free, but neither have voice command or reroute capability. IMHO, the BB (or any handheld for that matter) is no replacement for a good GPS unit, either built in or add on (Garmin, Magellen, Lowrance, etc.)

I don't know if T-Mo has the TeleNav service as does ATT, but that gives you voice command and auto reroute.

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

for turn by turn directions, hands down, telenav.

I don't know if T-Mo has the TeleNav service as does ATT, but that gives you voice command and auto reroute.
    yes, t-mo does.
    Last edited by littleacorn; 09-05-2007 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Automerged.

Oh okay, wow thanks so much.

jeffpettis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!

the only two programs i use is the googlemaps and YahooGo. so far they have been good programs that uses the GPS on the device.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i love using telenav (i have the gps puck ) because of the voice commands and re-reroute -- but it's the ONLY one i've used. one thing that i do not like is the instinct to look at the bb...and the screen isn't all that large and without a mount, well, we all know where that goes

i think the service, thru att, is around 10$ (haha, i honestly don't know, but its worth it if you are going to use it for driving directions)

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride
    I have a T-Mobile 8800, and I want to know for sure (before i purchase any software) what you guys think the best GPS software is. Thanks so much in advance!
    I'd say Telenav but it really depends on your needs/wants. If you don't want to pay anything for GPS software then a recommendation for Telenav is pretty meaningless...

I'm just looking for a dependable GPS software that can get me to point A to point B, that preferably has re-routing, traffic, etc. The recommendation for Telenav is truly appreciated, i never knew that was the preferred software of choice. 10 bucks a month, not too shabby.

rodt3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think the gas by price feature alone pays my monthly bill. Its not just a nav program it really is intergrated with everything around you and the traffic alternate routes are a gosend. I have tried google, nice to look at but no voice. BB maps are not bad either for straight no frills. Yahoo I only used once. Not bad but really not good I think I had been using telnav and had expectations

cchvz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f293e3

I've been using mapquest navigator for a couple of weeks now and it works great. It has turn by turn voice notification, it also recalculates your route if you miss a turn and it's free.

cypher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    876-5309
    Quote Originally Posted by cchvz
    I've been using mapquest navigator for a couple of weeks now and it works great. It has turn by turn voice notification, it also recalculates your route if you miss a turn and it's free.
    Yes only if you have an 8700 on Sprint. *cough-cough*. I'm using mapquest since april. Love it!

http://mqnav.telmap.com/mqota/clients/Sprint/8703e/mqn.jad

cchvz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f293e3

Hey Cypher, I actually have an 8800 with AT&T and Mapquest Navigator has been running fine. I read about it in a thread which indicated it was for a sprint handheld but went ahead and downloaded it no prob and it's been running like a dream. I think this is the link I usedto download it OTA;

http://mqnav.telmap.com/mqota/client.../8703e/mqn.jad

Only complaint I have about it is that it does not have an option to search from my address book but it's just a simple cut and paste.

-Carlos

mcg2u2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ?????

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~TELENAV beats them all.

dilipc no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Has anyone tried Wayfinder? My operator (Airtel) is giving it free for 6 months, and I think its real good. Googlemaps doesn't refresh all the time. I'm going to try out if Mapquest works here in India.

dilipc no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~http://mqnav.telmap.com/mqota/client.../8703e/mqn.jad - http not found. Does anyone have the correct url? Thanks.