I'm looking to purchase a B/T GPS Receiver for my curve, but I would like ... BlackBerry GPS forum

mrnrandazzo no está en línea Stack level 2

Q: Regarding B/T GPS Receiver

Advertisement

I'm looking to purchase a B/T GPS Receiver for my curve, but I would like some feedback before I make my move. I am assuming (like most other accessories) there is more than one brand and model available. As basic principal of smooth operation, I would say off the bat, I should be looking for something from RIM. But I want to get the best product with the best performance, and I don't want to pay out the a$$. So please, if you have any suggestions post them so I can make an educated decision. I'm looking for any input on make, model and possibly where to purchase. Thanks in advance.

furtive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7a47e9f3

Re: Q: Regarding B/T GPS Receiver

I'm ordering one for myself this week. I'm trying to decide between Globalsat and Holux since they've gotten equally good reviews. I'd stick with one that's got a SirfIII chipset in it, since the resolution is much better and it can reacquire signal much quicker than older ones can.

hwnstyle21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31C83C17

I use a Holux GPSlim 240 that I was using with my PPC. It seems to work fine and the footprint is small enough to be used as a keychain/lanyard fob. Plus it has a sleek black look.
    BB 8330 w/ SERO Voice Only, BIS, N/W @7pm, Pick3, Unl Text via Credits: $30 +$5 (Unl Incoming) + $7 (TEP)
    Pin: 31C83C17

Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have Globalsat 359 and love it. Never has let me down.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I wish RIM actually had a branded GPS puck, but at least they recommend one:
    http://www.shopblackberry.com/_black...NBS2MBWK2A4QHD