I don't know if this question has been asked yet or not, but I was ... BlackBerry GPS forum

sunsetsweete no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FC7DBC

Thumbs up Pairing 3 Bluetooth Devices

Advertisement

I don't know if this question has been asked yet or not, but I was wondering if their is any way to connect my phone to my GPS puck and also to my internal Bluetooth in my car. I know obviously that you can connect 2 things via bluetooth, but I didn't know about three. Basically what I want to konw is if I have my phone (Pearl) and my GPS reciever connected can I connect one of them to my car Bluetooth and hear the turn by turn directions like I would in my car when I have my phone connected. Its not that big of a deal if I can't but I just haven't heard about this and wondered if anyone knew!
    Thanks in advance!

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Re: Pairing 3 Bluetooth Devices

I can see thats a great idea. The only problem i can think of is that it would only communicate with one at a time. ill do some playing with my stuff and report back with what i come up with

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

good question, if there is a limitation for it only to be able to transfer from one source at the same time.. i'm guessing it could be a problem, maybe latency and such..

Would be interresting to see what jeffallen8 comes up with..

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Very good question, I never thought about that. I would be interesting to see if it works out.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

ok here is what I used in some of my test. I had my pearl a microsfot gps puck and a jawbone ear piece. All three connected very well. I dont have a navagation program that give turn by turn voice directions but i noticed when you exit the maps to make a call your bluetooth will disable the gps but not disconnect it. Then when you re enter into the maps app it will enable the gps right where it left off. so makeing a call will not work with GPS enabled. but thats not what were after! more to come

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

thanks for the info jeffallen your a champ!