Hi all, I am a new user to my blackberry 8800 I had a questions ... BlackBerry GPS forum

zzmasta06 no está en línea Stack level 1

New Blackberry 8800 User GPS??

Advertisement

Hi all, I am a new user to my blackberry 8800

I had a questions about the GPS.

How does the GPS work like? is it like the iphones google map? or more like GARMINS gps (car)?

What I mean is if I drive down the street, will the screen show me going step by step?

I am currently have no BB data plan, I am with At&t.. I believe the GPS reciever for att is 10 extra a month.

Thanks

aswanideep no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by zzmasta06 View Post
    Hi all, I am a new user to my blackberry 8800

I had a questions about the GPS.

How does the GPS work like? is it like the iphones google map? or more like GARMINS gps (car)?

What I mean is if I drive down the street, will the screen show me going step by step?

I am currently have no BB data plan, I am with At&t.. I believe the GPS reciever for att is 10 extra a month.

Thanks
    Same question, what's GPS, I'm NIL about that

mmorgan1865 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F91A45

Re: New Blackberry 8800 User GPS??

The Telanav application works like the Garmin unit for your car. You are shown a 3D map and your progress is plotted as you drive. You also get audible turn by turn directions. It will show your eta and distance to your destination. I have used it extensively in the car and walking around in cities I visit. You can type in an address and get a trip summary that will show you how far you are from your desitnation in case you want to walk instead of take a cab.

The $10 a month charge is for the use of the GPS system. The only drawback I see is that you need a cell signal to connect. If you are in an area without a cell signal you can't get the Telenav server.

It's worth the money for me. I pay by the year and you save a small amount.

zzmasta06 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: New Blackberry 8800 User GPS??

Thanks morgan for the information,

would I need a BLackberry data plan as well ? (att user)