Is anybody else out there having problems with the nav4all program finding the gps on ... BlackBerry GPS forum

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Nav4all having trouble finding GPS

Advertisement

Is anybody else out there having problems with the nav4all program finding the gps on their BB? I have an 8310 and the install went smoothly but no matter what I try when it goes to find the gps it just says "waiting for GPS" non-stop. I cut it off at 10 minutes of waiting. Is anybody else having problems with this, have a solution?

I also have google maps installed and it works fine. No, they are not running at the same time.

Tucker

t.brock no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Nav4all having trouble finding GPS

do a battery pull, then go out side your house, i had that problem till i went out of my house....after did all this i havent had any problems since.....let me know how it goes
    Thumbs must hurt....
    Crackberry addict........
    Give the lazy man a hard job to do, and he will find the easy way to do it!!!

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional
    I've been standing outside the entire time I've been trying to make it work. With a clear view of the Southern sky even.

sqwire03 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Nav4all having trouble finding GPS

I just found out about Nav4All today. I've had a GPS receiver for a couple of months now but put it away as I had no success picking up my location with any of the other free map programs. It's been so long I can't even remember the model. It's in my car charging. Nav4All picked up my location with no problem. I did a test tonight by driving to the library about 5 miles away and putting in my home address as a destination. First I had it pick up my location at the library - which it did and then it led me with audio directions to my home. In fact, I missed the turn for the alternative route it selected but it recalculated so quick I was able to make the next turn (which is the street I'd normally take).

So far it's passed my only test tonight with flying colors. I'll try finding businesses tomorrow. Don't give up on it.

sqwire03 no está en línea Stack level 1

It'd be helpful to know that I have the BT-5 GPS receiver and a VZW 8703e BB

RePhlux no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2055CF73

Yes, the general consensus I've seen so far is this app works great on the 8700 series blackberries. I work with a bunch of guys and we all have company provided blackberries and this app being free is a great utility for us (we're all field techs that need to get from place to place and this app is more than sufficient). Even if they do decide to charge a sevice fee in 2010, the program will probably be so refined and usuable by then that I could justify paying the $25 anual fee they project.
    I give it a 7/10 overall. 9/10 for features. 5/10 for interface. 10/10 for cost. 6/10 for ease of use

Pros: IT'S FREE! (at least til 2010), It's loaded with neat features, seems to be pretty accurate (I've only encountered one navigation discrepancy so far), and it's free (I know I said that already but it needs to be said twice to balance against the cons)

Cons: Complicated user interface makes it difficult to navigate but once you spend a little time setting up favorites and settings it's ok, there's very little help both with the program and online (the knowledge base is getting bigger though), not specifically designed with BB's in mind so the quick keys are awkward sometimes, some glitches occur (like GPS not being found after awhile, could be because of the battery saving feature I have on my GPS reciver though).\

All in all it's good to remember that this app is free because they are pretty much beta testing it on the market for a few years, they don't say that on thier web site but that is essentially what they are doing. Get the most users they can hooked on the program and submitting suggestions to improve it so that come the time when they want to charge for the service it will be well worth it.