i'm having problems with my gps on the 8330. when i had a 8130, my ... BlackBerry GPS forum

S2K ON 2 no está en línea Stack level 3

my location vs gps location on gmaps

Advertisement

i'm having problems with my gps on the 8330.
    when i had a 8130, my location on gmaps would give me results within 10 meters, 1000 meters worse case scenario. and it would also "auto update" as i was driving. telnav worked perfectly.
    now on the 8330, gmaps shows me my location within 1700 meters. telnav works 99% perfectly.

someone mentioned "my location" and gps location being different. can anyone shed some light on this for me? i'm about to just exchange the phone, but since telnav works, i'm pretty sure it's not a gps issue, but maybe a settings issue somewhere?
    oh yeah. on the pearl it never gave me an option for bluetooth gps. on the curve it does...

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    At least on my 8830 I when I use gmaps, the 1700 meters is only displayed when I have the GPS on my device turned off. I get 10 meters with the GPS turned on. I dont really use the nav, so I cant really comment on that but I would just check to make sure that your GPS location setting is set to on.
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    yeah .. the gmaps "my location" is a lot more "off-target" since it doesn't use satellites, the way GPS does, it uses cell phone tower triangulation.

Don't get me wrong .. when I drive through mid-town Manhattan, my Gmaps is really really on-point .. but otherwise ... it works "decently"

make sure you have most updated Google Maps version and that the permissions are all on "allow"
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." ~BLAISE PASCAL

everything is on allow and i have 2.1.0 gmaps.

again, my 8130 worked fine. 8330 is not being so good.

after google'ing for some answers... i came to the conclusion that GM is not fully compatible with the 8330s..