Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

in my case i have to be outside for it to work. Once the software ... BlackBerry GPS forum

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

Re: Mologogo Blackberry 8800 Public Beta: Free GPS tracking for you and your friends!

Advertisement

in my case i have to be outside for it to work.
    Once the software is booted you have to wait a bit for it to upload people. Click list all and it lists public profiles.

skipfish no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Mologogo Blackberry 8800 Public Beta: Free GPS tracking for you and your friends!

I can't see anything on map at Moscow, Russia. %)

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

mologogo is still fairly new and most users remain private.
    As for BB In russia.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006. Page 9.
    http://www.themoscowtimes.com/storie...03/29/045.html

Moscow Market Not Yet Ripe for BlackBerry
    By Conor Humphries
    Staff Writer

BlackBerry, the device that brought mobile e-mail into mainstream U.S. corporate culture, remains something of a forbidden fruit in Moscow almost a year after its creator announced a deal to enter the Russian market.

The handheld terminals that allow users to effortlessly receive and reply to e-mail in real time are still not available in the city, and local operator Mobile TeleSystems refuses to give a firm date for introduction of the platform that supports them.

sy32478 no está en línea Stack level 2

I've tried the 8300 version and it loads up, reports a GPS Fix, etc. and then never displays the map that I was used to on my 7520. Is the interface that different or is it just hanging.

Occasionally I get a java error, but most of the time I just get the slick new logo screen but no further.

My location does show up on website with no problem.

aswanideep no está en línea Stack level 4

Even I tried ! was unable to get it !

tstrike no está en línea Stack level 3

I wont even attempt it since I have an 8830 and Sprint

boblincoln no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3180B706

I have an 8130 and I'm able for it to locate me when I look on the Mologogo site, but on the phone, it won't load the map. This app was pretty cool for the 7100 but a humongous battery drain. I'll keep trying it on the 8130 to see if I can tinker it to work properly.

tweezak no está en línea Stack level 2

I too have installed but have had only enough success to intrigue yet annoy me.

Running an 8820 with both strong WIFI and cellular data connection. (AT&T,

I let the intro screen run overnight...no change. I decided to try again tonight. I don't know what was different but after 3 or 4 tries, the intro screen went away and I am suddenly a dot and name shown on a checkerboard grid. I see in the top bar an occasional twitter java NullPointerException error and a message saying "use cached map."

I show up on the webpage map (from PC, of course). I have tried both Google Maps and MS Virtual Earth as well as changing the zoom level from low to high.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

I had the same problem with it never getting past the splash screen when I first installed it. After closing and restarting 3 or 4 times it finally loaded to the map. My wife installed it and had the same problem as well. We both have 8310s, which may be part of the problem since there doesn't appear to be an official release for the 8300 series. It still works for the most part, although it's really slow and the map never appears to load completely.

Gunjinn no está en línea Stack level 2

Any plans for a Verizon version for 8800? I have a great need for something like this while on motorcycle trips.

tweezak no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by bonebox View Post
    I had the same problem with it never getting past the splash screen when I first installed it. After closing and restarting 3 or 4 times it finally loaded to the map. My wife installed it and had the same problem as well. We both have 8310s, which may be part of the problem since there doesn't appear to be an official release for the 8300 series. It still works for the most part, although it's really slow and the map never appears to load completely.
    Well, the map never loads at all for me. I'm not sure what's wrong. Not to mention that this app seems to be a battery sucking monster. If I run it continuously, it will pull my battery down within a day.

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by tweezak View Post
    Not to mention that this app seems to be a battery sucking monster. If I run it continuously, it will pull my battery down within a day.
    Definitely agree - I finally deleted it for that reason. I may try it again when and if they do an "official" release for the Curve and get the battery usage issue worked out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12