Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mologogo is a free service that will track you and your friends using GPS-enabled mobile ... BlackBerry GPS forum

mologogo no está en línea Stack level 1

Mologogo Blackberry 8800 Public Beta: Free GPS tracking for you and your friends!

Advertisement

Mologogo is a free service that will track you and your friends using GPS-enabled mobile phones. We are looking for 8800 users on both Cingular and T-Mobile to beta test a new version of the Mologogo software – although we have had a Blackberry build for a while now, this is the first release to truly take advantage of all the capabilities of the 8800.

You can download the software over the air by using your Blackberry Internet browser to go to bb (DOT) mologogo (DOT) com. Follow the instructions on the page to download.

If you are unable to download it directly to your Blackberry, you can go to bb (DOT) mologogo (DOT) com using your computer, and download a file that you can then install using the Blackberry Desktop Manager.

You will also need to register at www (DOT) mologogo (DOT) com to begin using the application. Note that Mologogo uses your data connection to download maps and for posting location updates, so you need make sure that you have a data plan (preferably an unlimited one).

Please send all bugs and feedback to monkey@mologogo.com and thanks for trying out the app! More information on Mologogo below.

-Team Mologogo

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Note: This new build is for 8800 users only - we will make a new version of Mologogo for other Blackberry models with built-in GPS available shortly.

PIN/ID

Re: Mologogo Blackberry 8800 Public Beta: Free GPS tracking for you and your friends!

I tried it and it did not work for me, it was not able to locate me (same username as the one i use here). I was not able to see traffic or events in my area

fbriceno97 Guest

Re: Mologogo Blackberry 8800 Public Beta: Free GPS tracking for you and your friends!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm going to try it, let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerry8800
    I tried it and it did not work for me, it was not able to locate me (same username as the one i use here). I was not able to see traffic or events in my area
    Sounds like you might not have an internet data plan in place -- you might want to check:

For Cingular:

From your Blackberry homescreen, go to Options, then Advanced Options, then TCP. Under APN, enter "wap.cingular". Also enter Username for APN: "WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM" (all uppercase) and Password for APN: "CINGULAR1" (all uppercase).

For T-Mobile:
    From your Blackberry homescreen, go to Options, then Advanced Options, then TCP. Under APN, enter "wap.voicestream.com" . Leave Username and Password blank.

nimocone no está en línea Stack level 3

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ anyone using this who I can add to test

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ k setup and works great, even getting tra/construction reports. Is there a way to message friends?

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by mologogo
    Sounds like you might not have an internet data plan in place -- you might want to check:

For Cingular:

From your Blackberry homescreen, go to Options, then Advanced Options, then TCP. Under APN, enter "wap.cingular". Also enter Username for APN: "WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM" (all uppercase) and Password for APN: "CINGULAR1" (all uppercase).

For T-Mobile:
    From your Blackberry homescreen, go to Options, then Advanced Options, then TCP. Under APN, enter "wap.voicestream.com" . Leave Username and Password blank.
    I tried that and restarted the device not Mologogo stays at the start screen and does not even get past that. I even tried another setting for TCP (proxy for TCP and empty username and password). I know I get an internet connection with either setting as I can browse the internet with either. I am going back to TCP=internet.com for now
    Last edited by BlackBerry8800; 05-15-2007 at 03:20 PM.

PIN/ID

I did some more modificaitons and now it works, so for those who want to find me my screen name is BlackBerry8800

Paperboy2007 no está en línea Stack level 3

While I'm sure it's a good service, it seems a bit 'big brother-ish' to me. What do I gain by using the service?

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yes I uninstalled it. It wouldn't work consistantly

boiseguy83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2405956B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~My issue is the same as stated above. I login and it never goes past the logo screen. Yet it tells me connected and friends found. Where are these friends?

The message that your friends were located means that it was able to download any data from the server of locations, friends or any other things you may have set up on the website. If you never actually proceed to a map, then it may be that you've never gotten a GPS fix -- were you prompted to approve access to the GPS?

boiseguy83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2405956B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)I deleted the app it seemed dumb to me.

nimocone no está en línea Stack level 3

It worked very well for me. Now when I take very long motorcycle trips, my wife can follow me from home and know that I'm on track and alright.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast