I must say I am very impressed with the support I received from Mapquest. Telenav still doesn't officially support T-Mobiles Blackberry Curve 8320 and from time to time it just doesn't sync with their server and renders it unusable and drives me crazy.

I was very excited to try Mapquest Navigator as they actually list the T-Mobile 8320 as supported. I installed it and liked it, each program has it's pro's and cons but Mapquest had a nasty bug. Each and every time I launched it I had to go through the security screen to agree to the security changes it and it took 3 minutes or so to finish and make the program available.

When I called for support I let them know I was a Senior Developer and was happy to beta test or help in any way possible. They sent me 2 test releases and the second one did the trick. As I said before I am very impressed. All I get from Telenav is we don't support that phone or T-Mobile. Unfortunately my Telenav just renewed but I am canceling and sticking with Mapquest for good.

It has been a very long time since I have seen such responsiveness for software support.

Kudos to Mapquest!

If you are using it and having any trouble give them a call and see if they can help you too.