I've been a Telenav user for awhile, but lately have had so many mapping and ... BlackBerry GPS forum

tbonanno no está en línea Stack level 2

Mapquest GPS Support ?

Advertisement

I've been a Telenav user for awhile, but lately have had so many mapping and directions errors, that I find I can't rely on it at all, which is really weird as it use to work. Anyway, I just tried Mapquest Navigator and it seemed to do much better on the same routes that Telenav was useless, so I just signed up for a 1 yr subscription. Interesting enough, when I called their support line for a technical question, I got a recording telling me to go to their website and send them an email. I did this, but no response yet. I'm not impressed with "customer support" to say the least.

Was wondering what others have experienced with Mapquest support ?

Thanks...
    Tony Bonanno Photography, LLC
    Santa Fe, New Mexico USA

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Sorry I have not tried them, I use the free google maps, and as long as you zoom out to make sure its not taking you through subdivisions, its spot on With the recent upgrade making it faster and easier to navigate with the turn by turns. I dont think I will ever pay for one.
    Last edited by rashard; 07-10-2008 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Forgot my ending lol
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Mapquest Support's Response to Bluetooth & Other Questions

Mapquest did get back to me today, so support does seem to be alive, although a bit slow at the moment. I thought their response might be of interest to others here:

1. Currently NO bluetooth connectivity to headsets, etc. for audio.

2. The 8 page quick start guide is the only "manual" available at the present time. They said that the are working on a more detailed document. At present the only way to find out additonal information on features or operation is to call/email support.

3. Currently there isn't a way to sync addresses/locations from a website to Mapquest Navigator on your Blackberry like you can do with Telenav.

Having tried most of the programs out there for BB and also having a subscription to Telenav, I can say with confidence that Mapquest is doing a much better job in my area (New Mexico) in regard to location accuracy, addresses being up to date, directions, etc. than any of the others. I do hope they add the bluetooth audio though as I really found that helpful.
    Santa Fe, New Mexico USA

kenvan60 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f4e3a6
    I've got Mapquest and the volume is a little low. I Paired my headset via bluetooth and it does work and I can hear it better.

Wow Kenvan60. How'd you do that ? Which BB do you have ?
    Santa Fe, New Mexico USA

PIN/ID
    23f4e3a6
    I have an 8100 with a Gsat bluetooth receiver. It connected easily to my phone, the I set up a bluetooth link using the "setup bluetooth" and it found my Jabra headset (which was in discovery mode). So now I just turn on the headeset, wait for it to hookup to the phone, then I turn on my bluetooth enabled Gsat, wait for it to hookup and the 3 units work together flawlessly. The headsets old so I can't give you a model number, but you can Google for the G-sat

I'll keep experimenting Kenvan60. Thanks for the details.. Sounds like you have a good setup..

Tony
    Santa Fe, New Mexico USA

PIN/ID
    23f4e3a6
    Tony,
    I looked up my receiver info....It's a Global Sat BT-359. You can get info on google. If I can help let me know. At least you now know it is possible.
    Ken

PIN/ID
    23f4e3a6
    Tony,
    UPDATE!!! I just upgraded the OS from 4.2 to 4.5 and now no headset connection!

Quote Originally Posted by kenvan60 View Post
    Tony,
    UPDATE!!! I just upgraded the OS from 4.2 to 4.5 and now no headset connection!
    Ouch! Sorry to hear that happened. I was never able to get my bluetooth headsets (three different brands) to ever work with Mapquest even with the old OS, so I didn't notice anything that dramatic. Hopefully, the other features of the new OS are worthwhile for you Kevan. Maybe the final release will sort out these issues..

Cheers,

Tony
    Santa Fe, New Mexico USA

PIN/ID
    23f4e3a6
    I think it's a mapquest issue....If I find a solution, I'll let ya know