i have bluetooth on my laptop, what do i need in order to make the ... BlackBerry GPS forum

bb-pearl no está en línea Stack level 2

how to use GPS

Advertisement

i have bluetooth on my laptop, what do i need in order to make the gps work on my phone

and does it cost to use it?

LouisC no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    I am pretty sure that the pearl does not have a built in GPS receiver. (The pros can comfirm that) What I use is an external i-blue bluetooth GPS receiver that I was using with my PocketPC. This works great and I can track my location using BBMaps that is already install on the pearl.
    Thanks,
    Louis

bb-pearl no está en línea Stack level 2
    ok im not sure how it really works..... where do you get the gps reciever from?

PIN/ID
    I got mine from this website. I shopped around for a bit, and for the price it was the best one I found.

- www . buygpsnow . com
    - search for i-blue

I like this one because it goes on auto shutdown when you are not using it and as soon as it detects the last paired device it auto-connects. Plus the size is really good...
    Thanks,
    Louis

jwdd no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisC
    I got mine from this website. I shopped around for a bit, and for the price it was the best one I found.

- www . buygpsnow . com
    - search for i-blue

I like this one because it goes on auto shutdown when you are not using it and as soon as it detects the last paired device it auto-connects. Plus the size is really good...
    Which model did you get? The ps-3200 looks like the one you are talking about.

PIN/ID
    you are correct, it was the PS-3200. Ive had it for about 1 year now and it works really well.
    Thanks,
    Louis