PIN/ID
    22D95A46

Advertisement

It's 604 kb RoGRo

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by blondee028 View Post
    I tried to install amaze gps it gave me a password but it won't work. I had to unstall it. any suggestions???????????? sounds like its a good thing, if it works!

Try to download it again and install it. Be sure to be outside to get better reception i guess. You were given a username and password when downloading it right? well, next time you run it it'll ask you to put that information in the blank spaces provided and then you're good to go And if you forgot your password and username then just go to amaze gps' website and get a new one. This thing rocks! good luck

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by cgaliffi View Post
    It's 604 kb RoGRo
    Thank you!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I found this application laborious to operate and a real patience-tester because it's so slow in its functioning. It took so long to change the state in the navigate section that I lost interest just about the time I got to the state I wanted.

I appreciate a free application as much as the next guy but really, life's too short.

Anyone else feel this way - maybe I'm doing something wrong? Are there any shortcuts, i.e. page up, page down, etc?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I'm not sure why it would take so long for you to find the state. However, if you scroll real fast it won't move as fast as you would want. Only if you scroll calmly it should scroll down rather faster. Besides switching states only takes approximately 10 seconds for me to scroll down to the very last one. Once you've set up your state of preference it should remain as your favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I'm not sure why it would take so long for you to find the state. However, if you scroll real fast it won't move as fast as you would want. Only if you scroll calmly it should scroll down rather faster. Besides switching states only takes approximately 10 seconds for me to scroll down to the very last one. Once you've set up your state of preference it should remain as your favorite.
    I found scrolling with the trackball very slow - it took me at least a minute to scroll from Arkansas (my state) to Tennessee to get a Memphis address in there. I gave up before completing the street address. I'll try again when I get outside today before I scrub it completely.

Thanks.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I found this application laborious to operate and a real patience-tester because it's so slow in its functioning. It took so long to change the state in the navigate section that I lost interest just about the time I got to the state I wanted.

I appreciate a free application as much as the next guy but really, life's too short.

Anyone else feel this way - maybe I'm doing something wrong? Are there any shortcuts, i.e. page up, page down, etc?
    I second this. I had tried it when it was at a lower version and it was so slow that it was unusable. I reinstalled recently when I noticed the major update, and this time it functioned well enough to actually be able to use it, but still very slow. I also had my wife try it out on her BB because she drives more than I do. Despite the slowness we tested it for a few days, but both of us have since uninstalled it because it gave absolutely horrid directions almost every time we used it.

We've been using Nav4All with moderate success. The navigation is also sometimes spotty and the interface isn't as slick as aMaze, but overall it's been more reliable and accurate for us.

We're just about to bite the bullet and get a pay service for voice navigation because currently none of the free offerings are worth the hassle.

Thanks Bonebox, Haven't come across you in a while. Your experience agrees with mine in using this application - it's too bad because it has the possibility of being a snazzy little GPS application except for its accuracy and cumbersome way you are given to maneuver through it.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    For those of you including myself with problems with the backlight dimming you can use "bblight" found here at Pinstack just do a search on it or go here http://blackberrytools.sourceforge.net/OverTheAir/

Sorry about that but above is only offering version 1.81 i believe but here is a link for the latest versions of it including desktop downloads i hope they allow me to post the link here. http://www.alldeaf.com/deaf-products...ot-better.html
    Last edited by raton; 08-25-2008 at 10:42 PM.

rdgoeson4ever no está en línea Stack level 2
    great mention, I'm trying this out right now.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Thumbs up Keep your Backlight from going off when using Amazegps

Quote Originally Posted by rdgoeson4ever View Post
    great mention, I'm trying this out right now.
    Here are my settings for bblight so i can keep my backlight from going off when using Amazegps : Active on startup checked. Always on when: outside of holster. Now, if you want your bb to light up when you receive sms and your emails simply check the boxes next to them. Remember the settings must be placed before using amazegps and of course be sure to SAVE the settings. after using your amazegps then just uncheck the box for out of holster and save so you can save battery life. I hope you find this useful and if you already knew this then i guess there was no need

wolfmanrobby no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well, I tried Amaze, older and newer versions. Honestly, it's slow, much too clumsy to use...

I use Google Maps with a Bluetooth GPS on my 8300 and it's flawless, even when navigating. I pull in directions from "Point a" to "point B" - then once I get in motion, I hit 0 to see my current location. The little arrow follows me, and the path is displayed in purple... I can hit one key to view the next turn, but I find if I keep it at the right zoom level, I can see the turn coming up.

It's quick, it's free, it's accurate....it works for me...

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    I find with Google it doesn't move smoothly at all. It jumps instead of scrolling which I find annoying. But I do use it in work to work out distances and times for quoting jobs.

Dube no está en línea Stack level 2
    i have a 8820...and was wondering if this works with wi-fi

goldenhours no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfmanrobby View Post
    Well, I tried Amaze, older and newer versions. Honestly, it's slow, much too clumsy to use...

I use Google Maps with a Bluetooth GPS on my 8300 and it's flawless, even when navigating. I pull in directions from "Point a" to "point B" - then once I get in motion, I hit 0 to see my current location. The little arrow follows me, and the path is displayed in purple... I can hit one key to view the next turn, but I find if I keep it at the right zoom level, I can see the turn coming up.

It's quick, it's free, it's accurate....it works for me...
    I totally agree with that. Google Maps works great for me!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast