Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dear All, I just received my Holux M1200 Bluetooth GPS Receiver. It is small: 2.5" ... BlackBerry GPS forum

Linus no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Holux M1200 New GPS Pluck Works with BBmap on Pearl

Advertisement

Dear All,

I just received my Holux M1200 Bluetooth GPS Receiver.
    It is small: 2.5" x 3/4" x 5/8" and the best part is it paired with my Pearl instantaneously.

Like Holux GPSlim 240, the M1200 is very small. I was torn between the GPSlim 240 with its tiny size and Holux M1000 with a larger body but built with a Low Power consumption Chip hence better battery life (15 hours); then I stumbled upon the M1200 with the tiny size and the long battery life. 6135

I have done some research before jumping into this receiver, a fellow pinstacker mentioned something about BBmap may not be compatible with NMEA0183 V 3.01, I was a bit worry. I have upgraded my os to .107, wasn't sure if that has something to do with my instant pairing success. I opened up my BBmap, hit menu then start gps, vola, the maps were loaded in about 10 seconds and I was even inside the house. I have uploaded the specs. and User Guide in case you guys wanted to find out more. I bought mine from Amazon at 75 including shipping. Now I need to find out what it can do for me, maybe to look into navigation software!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by melissaox; 08-25-2007 at 05:03 PM.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Holux M1200 New GPS Pluck Works with BBmap on Pearl

Thanks for the info.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

I also was looking into getting a gps puck, particularly the holux 240 but you might have just changed my mind (I like the small for factor of the two)...have you tried this with google maps? or Beyond 411?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thank you guys for the feedbacks. Google maps 1.61 works fine with M1200, it takes only seconds to load maps. However, I have trouble with Berry411, it times out every single search. I am using the lastest version of Berry411. Want to know if someone else has any luck with that.

danblock no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the update on the M-1200 receiver from Holux. Is it any beter than the M-1000 to your knowledge? They seem to have the same specs and chipset, though I might think the M-1000 may have a larger antenna and therefore better reception, but without opening the units I couldn't verify this. Just for the record, I havebeen pleased with (and would recommend) the performance of the M-1000 so i don't doubt the M1200 works just as well.

Well Dan, can't really say for that since I don't have the M1000 to compare mine with. My experience with GPS is from my previously owned Garmin 60c and 340c. I have to say the M1200 picks up a fix in 2-3 seconds even inside my house while may garmins takes sometime up to 2 min. Hey, think about this, you can't beat the 2 seconds fix too far right? Why not save you pocket some room for other gadget?

rlevati no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    209407DB

hello all, just bought one from ebay I will try it when receive and let u no the result .
    any advise before connect the receiver with my pearl ?
    thanks !

Very cool, rlevati, please keep us posted. As for pairing, I used 0000 for pairing code, and once the 2 paired, don't forget to go to settings, advance options, GPS, and pick Holux M1200 as the GPS source.
    Looking forward to your take on it.

torra002 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204DD695

Nice find! I might want to think about trading in my Holux 240 for the longer battery life. To date, I have had zero issues getting the 240 to work with Berry 411, Google Maps, BB Maps, or TeleNav.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~torra, your post was magical, I had zero success with berry 411, until after I read your post and given it one more try just now, BINGO, it worked. Thank you!

shimey no está en línea Stack level 2

On your review, just ordered mine from semsons. Was looking at the GPSlim 240, but you changed my mind.

BETTER BE GOOD!

jk, can't wait for it to get here.

prel no está en línea Stack level 2

How much are they and is there a monthly fee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I paid $75 including shipping from Amazon for the Holux M1200. As far as monthly fee goes, that depends what kind of software you will be using. Since this receiver does not come with any maps and it only provide location information to the phone, you will need an unlimited blackberry data plan to use it with online free mapping sites like google maps, beyond411 etc. Unlimited, because downloading maps from the net create quite a bit of traffic. You also have the free built in BBmaps to count on if you have a Pearl. I have also hear a lot of good things about Telnav with $10 monthly fee on top of the data plan. Telnav give you full navigation solution including voice prompts. I personally am very satisfy with google maps with beyond411. If only google maps give me Point of interest or the ability to search for business by their name I wouldn't even need beyond411. Buy I must say the pair made my live so much more easier and I am grateful for that.

shimey no está en línea Stack level 2

Hey Linus-

What's your process for using beyond411? I've gotten the thing working with googlemaps and bbmaps, but beyond411 just gives me the error: "sorry, gps is not currently available."

Also, do you get any kind of confirmation message when your m1200 connects with the phone? Everytime my bluetooth headset establishes a connection, I get a message. Nothing like that with the m1200. Would be nice.

Hey shimey,
    I am able to connect to beyond411 after a hard reset. Got to tell you the connection situation is kind of spotty.
    I have a wep200 Samsung Bluetooth headset. Well google map and beyond411 both have quite a bit of trouble detecting M12000 after a phone conversation on my wep200 and visa versa. It is spotty like I say, so haven't been able to pinpoint and trouble shoot. I am still using the old fashion way to enable beyond411 GPS by hard reset.
    For BBmap's mishab, I turn of Bluetooth on my pearl and restart BBmap and let BBmap powered up the Bluetooth automatically.
    Please share your findings when available, I greatly appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast