Hi, I am a newbie and I got my first blackberry 8100 pearl a month ... BlackBerry GPS forum

qwert1029 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hepl with BB maps and gps receiver

Advertisement

Hi,
    I am a newbie and I got my first blackberry 8100 pearl a month ago. As it had BB maps I got an I blue blue tooth receiver. Initially I connected to the bluetooth receiver and the bb maps used to quit and show an exception. Then t mobile people told me to unistall maps and reinstall maps. After this the GPS receiver seemed to be working but the thing was the map is showing up as blank image with diagonal lines but there is no actual map. I have a data plan and also there were no diagonal lines showing earlier and I used to have maps show up. Hope someone can help as I would like to use my GPS receiverwith Blackberry.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Hepl with BB maps and gps receiver

Hi Qwert1029 and Welcome to the Stacks. After you uninstalled and reinstalled the program, did you do a cold boot (battery pull with unit on, wait 30 seconds, put battery back in)?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

qwert1029, Welcome to PinStack.

Did the cold reboot help? Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello qwert1029, welcome to pinstack. Let us know how it goes...

mcnultyp no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same problem. black diag lines. Have paired my blootooth device with bb8100, have the bb maps installed but cannot get any colour or road maps. Connected to 8-10 sats all the time. How do i get maps to work. do i have to subscribe to my telco or something. i thought once I get a bluetooth gps and paired it to the phone I would be sorted.

Thanks
    P