G'day I have 8100 Pearl and I just got a S50 Navman. I can get ... BlackBerry GPS forum

hartee no está en línea Stack level 1

Help with Navman S50 Phonebook

Advertisement

G'day
    I have 8100 Pearl and I just got a S50 Navman. I can get the phone to connect to the Navman but everytime I try to get the phonebook to transfer to the Navman the phone locks up and so does the Navman. I get an error on the phone along the lines of a Java error and the only way I can get both of them to work again is for me to take the battery out of the phone and reboot it.The error is: Uncaught exception:java.lang.Class CastException.

I have re-installed the software to the Navman twice but I still get the same error. If I don't try and upload the phone book both devices work great. I can use the Navman to make a call or I can use the phone.

I am bit perplexed as to why it doesn't work. I have the latest firmware installed on both devices.

Any help would be great.

TIA.
    Last edited by hartee; 05-09-2008 at 12:26 AM.

hartee no está en línea Stack level 1
    Maybe I should have added that I am in Australia.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    hartee, what OS are you running on the pearl?
    did you download this service pack?
    http://www.navman.com/Navman/Templat...____24709.aspx

Steve0508 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am also having a problem with the Pearl and a Navman - with the phonebook - it is only importing partial names.

Is there a way to edit the phone book on the internal card - it comes up as text but with a lot of other characters. Is there a program that lets you edit what is on the crad?