i just got a holux m1200 for my at&t bb 8300 and i've been having ... BlackBerry GPS forum

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3

help with bt gps (holux m1200) and at&t 8300

Advertisement

i just got a holux m1200 for my at&t bb 8300 and i've been having some issues.

it connects fine when i pair my 8300 with the puck and after a while, it seems to loose the connection. i noticed that the puck is still connected with the satellites and got a location fix (the light keeps blinking as it is supposed to) and the bluetooth indicator says that its transmitting data...however, the bt indicator on my 8300 doesn't blink after like a few minutes of connection with the puck...and how do i make the connection last as long as both have bt enabled and batteries die out? and i paired the puck, and selected holux m1200 in options->advanced options->gps and enabled bt in my 8300. i even see the bt sign on my homescreen, however, like i said the led doesn't blink (it dies after a few mins) and the icon doesn't show send/receive/connected anymore next to it like it normally does.

(i used to use a bt headset and it never had such a problem, but after a while i wasn't using the bt headset as much and so to save power on my 8300, i turned the bt off. it used to automatically detect the bt headset when it is turned on or when its in range) how do i make the 8300 automatically detect the puck when its in range?

anyone with the same setup (holux m1200 + 8300 + at&t)?
    any help i can get is appreciated...thanks!

one thing i found out, that the gps wont work if i have more than one software (like bbmaps, gmaps, mapquest navigator, etc.) using the gps puck! this possibly was my problem, i probably had another program runnin in the background and dint realize it.

however, still having issues with mapquest navigator 2.3...i couldn't find in its settings to tell it to use bt gps puck...anyone know if mqn 2.3 works with bt gps puck?

with gmaps running alone, the program seems to loose connection with the bt gpsr after a minute....it still has issues...will post my findings later after i play with it more!
    Last edited by jsaradhi; 03-25-2008 at 04:45 PM.

i know people posted about this problem on other forums like blackberryforums and att blackberry forum...but its surprising that no one else at pinstack has this problem. this problem is becoming pretty annoying. i just downloaded the copilot live and the connection dropped like 5 times in a 10 minute drive. has anyone figured out a way to fix this? i would appreciate any help!
    Last edited by jsaradhi; 05-14-2008 at 11:08 AM.