Phone: Curve 8300 with AT&T 'service' and a GlobalSat BT-368i GPS puck. I can get ... BlackBerry GPS forum

kemtek.1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question GPSed tracking questions

Advertisement

Phone: Curve 8300 with AT&T 'service' and a GlobalSat BT-368i GPS puck.

I can get GPSed to work, kinda/sorta, in that it acquires satellites, gives Long. & Lat., Elevation and 'speed'.

When I try to start a new track, I give it a name and description, but it doesn't start tracking. It does not show elapsed time, distance, etc.

Are there some specific settings I need to adjust?

If I want to upload tracks from the phone which 'BB Transport' should I use: Default, Direct TCP, Force MDS/BES, Use BIS transport, WAP Connection? I have a data plan via AT&T if that matters.

If I want to store tracks on my SD card, which setting I did figure out, how do I know if my phone has "FileConnection API (JSR 75)", as quoted from the GPSed.com website?

BTW, their program is up to beta 0.962 as of May 27th.

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    since i updated to their latest beta...i've been having trouble with tracks myself...i'm on 8300 att with holux m1200...and its exactly like kemtek said...i can start a new track, give it a name and then click start tracking and it wouldn't start tracking. any ideas? it used to work fine using earlier versions...i think i saw this problem after the latest update!

I got it to start a track today!

1) When it asks for your name & password, enter them in the appropriate fields, then push the trackball and save.

2) When you start a track, give it a name and comment, then again, click the trackball to start.

3) Apparently there was a problem with the last beta, 0.961, that was not allowing upload of tracks. I just downloaded the latest, 0.962; I will try it out tomorrow because it is after midnight (OK, technically it is tomorrow already, but I am going to get some sleep).

for me it was my file memory...i'm running 4.5.0.37 and every now and then i have memory leak issues...that was the problem! i changed my save location to media card and track problems are solved. however, my login doesn't seem to work. i input my user id and pwd in settings->track uploading, but it doesn't save it. when i try to upload a track, it gives me an error logging in and asks me to input my login info...i input it and it gives another error...and i know i'm entering the right user id and pwd!

SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    Dear kemtek,

You can find the answers in the FAQ Section.

Connection settings http://gpsed.com/faq#110
    Choosing a place to save your tracks http://gpsed.com/faq#142
    You can also learn more about GPSed in the relates threads on this forum, for example here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...911#post752911

BR,
    Irene
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

jsaradhi, please open GPSed -> press Menu button -> Settings -> Track's uploading -> Enter your login and password and press Menu -> Save.
    It is important that you choose the Save option!
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

thanks irene...yea i followed kemtek's step 1 and got it to save. now i need to see if track upload works!

For whatever reason, pushing the menu>save was not working. Pushing the trackball>save works for saving name & password and for starting tracks. Plus, since upgrading to 0.962beta my uploads work too.
    My problem is too many moving parts!

theoellis no está en línea Stack level 2
    I too was having the same problems...couldbt get any tracks to upload...I will upgrade to .962 I was previously on .960....wish me luck

Thanks kemtek.1,

We will try to remove this plenty of moves in the application
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

Quote Originally Posted by theoellis View Post
    I too was having the same problems...couldbt get any tracks to upload...I will upgrade to .962 I was previously on .960....wish me luck
    Hello theoellis,

How does the 0.962 works for you?
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3
    0.962 works for me