Hey, all, I'm going on a trip to Chicago next week to pick up a ... BlackBerry GPS forum

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro

GPS without EDGE?

Advertisement

Hey, all, I'm going on a trip to Chicago next week to pick up a car. When I made the trip last year, I noticed that at some places along the trip my network went down to gprs. Will a GPS program still work if I'm not on EDGE?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    GPS is satellite fixated. If you lose GPS lock, it will take longer to reacquire if you don't have tower cooperation, but positioning will be available regardless of towers.

If your GPS program also pulls down maps or other data via the cellular network, it may cease functioning.
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Thanks. Yeah, I was wondering more about the GPS app than anything. I don't want to look at my bb and realize that I should have switched highways miles ago, and missed it because the voice didn't tell me to turn.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

conedude13 no está en línea Stack level 1
    yeah, the gps function will work fine. it just won't get the maps if you lose cell network coverage. you'll just see a dot roaming around on a blank screen.