Hello fellow stackers. I am looking for GPS software that will enable me to download ... BlackBerry GPS forum

barbasol no está en línea Stack level 1

GPS with wireless off

Hello fellow stackers. I am looking for GPS software that will enable me to download maps to my 8310 and have navigation capabilities when I am outside of wireless coverage.

I guess my first question is - Does the GPS radio on our Blackberries stay on when the wireless radio is turned off?

I do a lot of fishing off the coast of Southern California and Catalina Island and don't always have wireless coverage. I have used the program Spot for Blackberry which is absolutely amazing for more traditional GPS navigating (no turn by turn) but as far as I can tell I can't download maps to my memory card or internal memory.

2nd question - Any other software I haven't heard of?

Here is what this software will help me do. (PETA members.. maybe don't look at this pic)

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: GPS with wireless off

so, i turned off my wireless, went to options/advanced options/gps and chose menu/refresh gps. its scanning, scanning, scanning...nothing (course, im inside, so might try later)

one thing i did notice is that you can choose the data source (device GPS or other BT devices i have paired) so maybe you do need true data to get the GPS to work ... that would kind of be a bummer.

::edit:: once i turned wireless back on, the GPS updated