Does anyone know of a GPS program that works with the 8220 (using a receiver)? ... BlackBerry GPS forum

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Question GPS that works on 8220 with OS 4.6?

Advertisement

Does anyone know of a GPS program that works with the 8220 (using a receiver)? I've had the AT&T Navigator service for quite some time with all of my pearls, but apparently it does not work with OS 4.6. I am not going to pay for something I can't use, and I really need GPS service. Anyone found anything that works reliably? Thanks.

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    I don't know. Does google maps have GPS? I heard of an application called amAze GPS, maybe try that.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Well aside from THE best mapping application for the BlackBerry - Google Maps Mobile (OTA: http://www.google.com/gmm), BlackBerry Maps CAN be installed through the Desktop or from your SD Card by downloading it as described here.

I use both. I LOVE Google maps with its walking and transit directions and Street Views, but like the fact that BlackBerry Maps allows you to view the map with either North Up or the direction you're heading up, and has an unlimited number of Favorites.
    JerryD

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I like google maps a lot. But I'm looking for a gps program that gives voice commands while driving. (BB Maps doesn't work with AT&T - grrrr But it doesn't have voice commands either)

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by gritsinct View Post
    I like google maps a lot. But I'm looking for a gps program that gives voice commands while driving. (BB Maps doesn't work with AT&T - grrrr But it doesn't have voice commands either)
    Once again - BlackBerry Maps CAN work on AT&T. Check the link(s) in my post above.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    OK, I stand corrected on BB Maps But it still does not give me voice commands.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I am back to saying that BB Maps doesn't work on my 8220 with 4.6 on AT&T. I followed the steps in your thread and BB Maps v1.2 installed on my BB from my SD Card, but it will not open. (I have installed other apps from my SD Card so I know I'm doing it correctly.) I just get multiple error messages... maybe it's something to do with OS 4.6? I don't really need BB Maps since I have Google Maps, but there are some things I like better on BB Maps and this revived my interest in getting it to work. Any thoughts?

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3
    Spot and MobileTracker have the 8220 in their "supported devices list".

FahCore no está en línea Stack level 2
    I thought the att flipberry 8210 will support their gps service
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    AT&T doesnt have the flipberry

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    It seems to be that Telenav doesn't yet support OS 4.6 that is the problem. If I go to download it on my BB, it says my operating system is not recognized, please check back, etc.....