I just bought a 8703e with Verizon. Had been with TSlowbile for 10 years with ... BlackBerry GPS forum

mlnlaw no está en línea Stack level 1

Question GPS software that tells you when to turn

Advertisement

I just bought a 8703e with Verizon. Had been with TSlowbile for 10 years with the old Blackberry. Is there software that tells you when to turn when driving like a TomTom or Garmin?

Please let me know. Thanks.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: GPS software that tells you when to turn

Hellop mlnlaw, welcome to pinstack. You will want to look for Telenav, it does exactly what you are asking. I have heard rumors that the Verizon 8703e is already, or will be able to have this application shortly.

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~that is correct telenav will give you turn by turn directions, only question, is your bb gps enabled, I have heard that verizon has locked the gps capability but I might be wrong

oppiTronic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2529ab95

I have evaluated Telenav, Telemap and Wayfinder with an external Puk.

Telenav is really good and has the most features. The re-route is quick enough to find the right place to turn even when you missed a junction.
    I did not like the voice guide very much so. And the maps could look better. If you happen to travel to Europe you would need to install another version of the program (and install the US one when you are back)

Telemap is very pure, has very good and detailed maps and a good voice guide. It has less features than Telenav but all you need. Re-route is fast as well, but the maps are sometimes not current (latest junctions or exits missing) It will work in Europe and US.

Wayfinder comes in an funny icon design, but is easy to use. The maps are good as well, the re-route seems to be slower than the competitors.

As an GPS PUK device I tested the HOLUX. Nice design, rechargeable over the USB port, but it seemed a bit deaf.
    The Puk that came with the Wayfinder test package had a much better reception, but needed a separate charger.

Of course that was my personal experience and you might get other results.

Michael

iPAQer no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Gps software reviews at

http://brentmedearis.tripod.com/blackberry

trinhn no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm thinking about buying a PUK and using a GPS service with my Pearl. Thanks for the review Michael!

LeoJZueg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2bfeb947

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have telanav. It inonly 9.99 a month.I am with nextel. It is easy to use and come in handy. It finds gas by price. And always finds the local starbucks. It does have voice but dos not work with ny bluetooth headset. I wouyld not want to be without it.

crackberry06 no está en línea Stack level 1

is there any free gps software out there

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Not sure if this is free, but here's a link... http://www.skylab-mobilesystems.com/...s/spot_bb.html

ever try google maps?

crackberry06 no está en línea Stack level 1

yeah ive tried google maps and i like it

psvensson no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: GPS software that tells you when to turn

I have followed the thread and wanted to give one other suggestion for GPS software. I have just started to use Wisepilot with my older blackberry (8707) and it is very good. Easy to use and very quick reroutes (number of seconds), the map viewing is good as well however not as good as the navigation mode. It seems to drive very little data and the response time is good. In several countries is europe there is yellow page search integrated in the program which is very usefull...

brentlyeve no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205CD002

I have telenav with Nextel and a 7100i. I can say it is truly amazing. I also had it on my Nextel i730 and i860, and those are terrible compared to the 7100i. I don't use it very much, but I can say that it is well worth the $10 per month when I need it!