Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have searched the threds, but hope I can re-ask the question: Which gps software ... BlackBerry GPS forum

marigotrip no está en línea Stack level 3

GPS Software Suggestions

Advertisement

I have searched the threds, but hope I can re-ask the question: Which gps software would you suggest (i.e. Telenav, BB Maps, Google, etc.)? I would really like voice prompts as well as the on-screen display, and of course ease of use and accuracy. I will be using a Freedom keychain gps unit, and this is actuall for my 8120. Thanks, Bill

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    I have found that garmin ans telenav have the best user interfaces, but those have a monthly cost.

There is a free nav4all, but I hated the user interface. And that also has voice directions.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

marigotrip no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks!

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Google Maps is really nice, but no voice directions. But I love the search, especially if you're looking for something you don't know the name of, food, hotel, etc.

PIN/ID
    Both Garmin and Telenav have that same option----and Telenav has a "voice search"...you push the space bar and say a workd "Restaurant" and it will pull up all restaurants in the gps area that you are in!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

summerhowell no está en línea Stack level 3
    Doesn't InfoSpace support GPS? That could be a way to go.

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is there any gps software that does not have a monthly fee? I purchased iGuidance for my PDA and that is a one time fee only. I dont really want a monthly fee for something like this and would rather buy outright.

PIN/ID
    http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...oductId=209325

That's called Wayfinder, $99...but it doesnt' say what happens when they update maps---I dont know if you get a free upgrade or if you have to pay for it. I tried it, but wasn't really impressed. I liked Garmin and Telenav better
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

alcoplalind no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Hello does anyone know if there's a gps program that works in Mexico city? i have a bb 8100. Thank you. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    You will want to check with the gps software of your choice to see what coverage they have. Most I think include the entire North American continent so you should be fine using that. Of course the detail of such converage in certain areas might not be as great.

As for GPS software, I guess it's looking like a toss up between telenav and google maps when it comes to a nice polished functional gps system. Telenav gives you a 3d guided map with voice prompts and google maps is just free. Both have turn by turn directions with accurate up to date maps and an attractive interface.

But since I already have a gps I guess I'll just keep using that lol.

PIN/ID
    Garmin has the same as Telenav....the turn by turn, 3D or 2D option....night backlighting....it all depends. There are a few tweeks in the user interface...the only thing IMO that has Telenav winning the debate on my curve is that I can "speak" to the telenav and it does what I need it to do. I can go to search and tell it to find "starbucks" the same as typing it and it will find it...can't do that with Garmin or any other that I saw.

A_New_Beginning no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    I have found that garmin ans telenav have the best user interfaces, but those have a monthly cost.

There is a free nav4all, but I hated the user interface. And that also has voice directions.

I followed the installation instruction but it doesnt work on my Pearl 8130.

brad34471 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Both Garmin and Telenav have that same option----and Telenav has a "voice search"...you push the space bar and say a workd "Restaurant" and it will pull up all restaurants in the gps area that you are in!
    I have been using Telenav for two months now and didn't know it could do that. What screen does it do that from?

Thanks,

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by marigotrip View Post
    I have searched the threds, but hope I can re-ask the question: Which gps software would you suggest (i.e. Telenav, BB Maps, Google, etc.)? I would really like voice prompts as well as the on-screen display, and of course ease of use and accuracy. I will be using a Freedom keychain gps unit, and this is actuall for my 8120. Thanks, Bill
    I am real fan of MobileTracker

xaptux no está en línea Stack level 1
    i really like telenav

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast