Hi Guys, I'm new BB user (and to pinstack) and this site has certainly helped ... BlackBerry GPS forum

ccl27 no está en línea Stack level 1

GPS Software reviews

Advertisement

Hi Guys,

I'm new BB user (and to pinstack) and this site has certainly helped out a lot. Thanks folks!

After some lengthy reviewing, I think no one has extensively discussed GPS options with their 8700(g)'s. My take on it is that you will 1) need a GPS receiver & 2) a BB compatible software.

Has anyone out there tried using SPOT 1.2 for bb? How is it as a software program? What other programs would you recommend if SPOT sucks?

Also, as for receivers, it seems as if there are pretty standard in performance except for the Belkin. Any thoughts about receivers?

Thanks alot and more power to you all!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: GPS Software reviews

Hi cc, thanks for joining pinstack.com! I have no input as for GPS other than I use Telenav and I am extremely satisfied with it. I do not use a GPS receiver because I have a compatible phone, so maybe some other stackers could give you some opinions.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Welcome to Pinstack, ccl27. I'm sure that there are Stackers that use/have used a Bluetooth GPS Puck and associated software, and will be along to give you some advice. I have never tried it because the 8700 doesn't have enough memory to store adequate maps, which means you need to have a web based solution. I can't see the advantage of that over a dedicated GPS receiver.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ccl27 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the info. Just my luck to buy 8700g and not an unlocked 8700c. I checked TeleNav's website and they do provide the service for Cingular.

Bah...