I need a gps software for 8800. My main purpose is to basicalyl set marks ... BlackBerry GPS forum

mqasim no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20508e6b

GPS software

Advertisement

I need a gps software for 8800. My main purpose is to basicalyl set marks through longitude and latitude. Basically if i set a mark for my home, so when i am sitting at my office it jsut points towards where my house is. I hope I have made myself clear. I hope the program you guys suggest is free.

Thank You,

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: GPS software

Telenav.

PIN/ID
    20508e6b

i tried downloading it, i have to buy it i think. i just want a simple program where it would just point towards my marked point. I am using spot for blackberry (trial version), problem with that is it doesnt get stable (the arrow), sometimes it points somewhere and after two mins it will start pointing elsewhere.

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by mqasim
    I need a gps software for 8800. My main purpose is to basicalyl set marks through longitude and latitude. Basically if i set a mark for my home, so when i am sitting at my office it jsut points towards where my house is. I hope I have made myself clear. I hope the program you guys suggest is free.

Thank You,
    Sorry for being too late but a friend of mine wrote a good article on that which covers all current 3rd party GPS applications for the BlackBerry: BlackBerry and GPS

PIN/ID
    20508e6b

Even I am using Spot for blackberry but the problem i am facing is the arrow keeps on moving from one direction to another when i am sitting in my office...

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by mqasim
    Even I am using Spot for blackberry but the problem i am facing is the arrow keeps on moving from one direction to another when i am sitting in my office...
    Well, that might be normal GPS inaccuracy. The problem with GPS (referring to the NavStar-GPS) is that their signal might be reflected by buildings depending on where you are and where the satellites are currently moving to. So your position might "jump" a bit even if you are not moving. As the position is "moving" the GPS receiver might "think" it is on the move and sends wrong heading data. This will cause a wrong input for direction calculations.

Besides Spot i experienced that with a lot of GPS programs. So I think it is not a problem of the software, it's just caused by the system itself.