Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by DesertBlade Mapquest navigator is only available for Sprint and Nextal so it ... BlackBerry GPS forum

smomus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248B113c

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by DesertBlade
    Mapquest navigator is only available for Sprint and Nextal so it is not really an option for most of us.
    Not true! I use mapquest nav on my Tmo pearl and it is hands down better than BB maps and google maps!

DesertBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: GPS reviews: BB MAPS, Google MAPS, Nav4all

I stand corrected. I installed it on my TMO 8100, but I thought there is a cost to use the service?

Seems nice enough, litttle more polished than Nav4All and I have always been partial towards mapquest. But, it does seem slower than Nav4All to find the route. It failed downloading 4 times. Anyways I will try it out

nrcapes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6997B

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    I can't find this Holux. I can only find GPSlim 240 and GPSlim 236. Where did you buy this from?
    The GPSlim 240 and 236 ARE the Holux devices.

ultraspaz no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by smomus
    Not true! I use mapquest nav on my Tmo pearl and it is hands down better than BB maps and google maps!
    Did you download it OTA? It won't let me go anyfurther on the PC after It asks whether I'm Sprint or Nextel. When I tried a OTA download it would not accept my phone number. I'm using a TMO Pearl so any suggestions would be appreciated.

PIN/ID
    23E6997B

I finally got mapquest navigator to work on my t-mobile 8100, but in order to do so I had to go into bluetooth settings and change Options>discoverable to YES. Otherwise, the program never finds the gps device.

PIN/ID
    23E6997B

Quote Originally Posted by nrcapes
    I finally got mapquest navigator to work on my t-mobile 8100, but in order to do so I had to go into bluetooth settings and change Options>discoverable to YES. Otherwise, the program never finds the gps device.
    In addition I had to click on the GPS receiver, select Device Properties, and change Trusted: to YES and ENCRYPTION: to DISABLED. Then Mapquest works fine.

It does have nicer screens than nav4all, but it takes longer to react to route changes. The really good thing is that it is easy to exit the app, which is not always true for nav4all.

DesertBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

I have it encrypted still on and it works fine and discoverable I beleive if you want your phone to be discvoerable to other bluetooth items (like a PC).

I noticed Mapquest is flaky sometimes with the GPS puck.

Patos no está en línea Stack level 1

I still have to find GPS map for Thailand apart from Google Maps. As i need to enter over 100 location points around Thailand. If any 1 here knows what software to purchase that allows me to do this please advise me.
    Over 1 month searching for my 8820 Blackberry for an updated reliable map.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12