First off I hate Verizon, but my company uses them, and they pay for the ... BlackBerry GPS forum

jasonmo no está en línea Stack level 1

GPS Receiver Vzw 7250

Advertisement

First off I hate Verizon, but my company uses them, and they pay for the cell service. So I have to kinda of stick with them, unless I want to shell out money. I know Verizon cripples the gps part on the blackberries. So I'm considering a gps puck bluetooth, but I'm not sure if there is any that would work with the 7250? Has anyone used one with the 7250, and if so which gps puck did you use? I know it has bluetooth enables, but I wasn't sure if it will work with a bluetooth gps puck, they probably crippled that too on the bluetooth side. Let me know.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: GPS Receiver Vzw 7250

Jason, the RIM site says it has "Assisted GPS allows your BlackBerry handheld to be accurately located, even in the most difficult environments". I don't believe this means you can use it with a bluetooth enabled puck. If I'm reading this wrong, a Verizon pro will be along shortly to correct.

jasonmo no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: GPS Receiver Vzw 7250

Thanks ljbyar,
    Verizon pretty much locks the AGPS out, so since it has that I guess I won't be able to use a GPS puck? Are you saying if you have one you can't have the other?